Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:55 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default New Server Darktides

Hey folks,
In support of the eqemu titanium version a new server called Darktides is now open. This legit server is currently being freshened up with new pathing, upgraded loot, more powerful pets, and much more. The server is being brought to you by Spectreguy and Soulshot who are currently making changes as fast as possible. For a short time exp is set to double. The host is a dedicated p4 3.2 with 2 gigs of ram, so we should be able to hold a good sized crowd. Invite your friends and family!

Thank you thank you thank you to all the people who work on the eqemu we are excited to join the community.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Welcome
Don't forget : http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...=activeservers
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Updated on list and updated to .803 today.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:56 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default Item overhaul

Current status of items overhaul. All items have been hit point adjusted. Power to the peoples!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Silviouss
Fire Beetle

Default Where do i find files / link or whatever ?

I would like to join the server but how am I supposed to do.. ? Is there a website or something.. ( sorry Im kinda new to eqemu )

Thanks !
Old 06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Cripp
Discordant

read this..
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=GetTit

www.nugblazers.com
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Sure just get you a copy of titanium and do a fresh install. Make sure you have uninstalled any old version of EQ that you had. DO NOT PATCH....Next go to http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/faq...#faq_playguide and follow those instructions. Then all you do is log in with your new account/password and find your server. =)
Old 06-23-2006, 07:22 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default Item status

Current item status... ALL weapons damage and delays have been modified and upgraded. Lots of good feedback on the server about this and the pets. For a more current track of what we are working on check the MoTD ingame. It has been nice to see full groups starting to form up, and as always if you have any suggestions myself or Mardigan are in game most days and check the forums daily.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:21 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default Update

The server has been running .804 for a few days now with no problems. Mana items are in process of being updated. Fixed quite a few pathing and stuck mob problems today in older zones. Future database updates: Minor AC adjusting, hp and mana regen, some custom merchants being added to the plane of knowledge.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Silviouss
Fire Beetle

Default Problem..

Well I did as you said, installed eq properly ( titanium version and followed steps ) and I am able to connect to your server... but I can't create a char.. I don't crash.. its just that I can't press the button < Next > in the character creation window.. In addition, I can see some windows that are not supposed to pop right in my face. ( The starting city window, welcome to everquest window ) and the window that is made to choose a name is not at the top of the screen as usual.. it's at the bottom.. Thing is that I can choose a race/class, I can even select my skills.. but I can't press < Next > to complete the creation of my char.. Please if you could help me with that it'll be really nice.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 05:19 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Make sure you followed the steps above. Update your video card drivers as well. You should just have to do these steps 1. Install titanium. Before installing titanium make sure any older versions of EQ have been removed BEFORE installing titanium... sometimes sony leaves files behind so double check everything is removed prior to your new install. 2. No patching... if you patch to live you have to start over. 3. Use your forum account to create a LoginServer account here http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/pro...do=loginserver. Step 4 - EQHost File ....in order for "your" client to connect to the EQEmulator loginserver, and not Sony's EQLive Login Server, you will need to change your EQHost.txt file. Go into your Everquest Directory, and locate the EQHost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following
... dont forget to save it.

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Go into your Everquest Directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE File. Right click and select "Create Shortcut". You may Rename this shortcut, and drag it anywhere youd like (Most people like to put it on their desktop.) Now right click that shortcut, and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the real eqgame.exe. Change it to the following.

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

-Soulshot-Guide from Darktides =)
Old 06-27-2006, 01:46 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default update

Running on .808 now. All hp and mana + hp and mana regen items complete. A few more custom items added. Zone lines fixed from Neriak to Nektulos, Nektulos to East Commons, Nektulos to Lavastorm, bazaar reworked for zone in and out <except zone in and out to shadowhaven>. Corrected some giants spawns and pathing in Warslikswood. Next up: New dungeon being created for Nektulos Forest, will be zone for levels 10-25 to get exp/loot. AC items modification. AGI, STR, DEX, WIS, INT, CHA upgrades coming. Additional named in older zones.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshot
Zone lines fixed from Neriak to Nektulos, Nektulos to East Commons, Nektulos to Lavastorm
Hello,
If you use the nektulos new graphic.
Can you share your work about zoneline ?
I use on alternative here, that work but this is just a dirty hack :(
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...light=nektulos
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Actually Mardigan says he used your dirty hack to repair alot of broken zone lines. =) Other than that.. some zones such as bazaar are just really messed up. We used Navicat to alter the zone_points table and fixed alot. But modifying your tpnek file we came up with teleports small enough to fit in the telepads to blue and red dragon rooms.

Last edited by soulshot; 06-30-2006 at 05:20 AM..
Old 06-30-2006, 03:42 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Tonights restart implemented .812 as well as some changes to our starting gear for all characters. Starting now all characters created will begin with Journeymans Boots and the custom item Token of Infusion. This was for several reasons, we wanted an "easy" way to provide better base hp and mana regeneration, a 10 second clickable gate item, and a slightly quicker way to travel the lands. So enjoy the 2 clicky items and thank Mardigan in game if you see him! Also there were several zone line fixes, reconnecting east commons to nektulos forest, nektulos forest to lavastorm <both with the new graphics>, and nektulos to neriaka. Also the bazaar is open now and all teleports including blue and red dragon rooms are active. This is where our new merchants will be placed in the near future. Ok thats all for tonight ! Thanks for the interest !

-Soulshot- Darktide GM in training =)