Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
paaco
Discordant

Default Dragon's Flight server.

We have started working on this again. About 6 months ago I was working on it but had to stop due to a new job I got. I now have more free time and I'm able to go again. This time around I have a couple people helping me. I would like to have 2-3 more people to help out that know their way around EQEMU. Positions in the following categories are currently open:
World Building
Quest Developer

If you would like to become a part of the team you can apply by PMing me or posting on our forums. Please include what skills you have and what you would like to do. Myself and the other team members will look over any apps and get back to you asap.

Also, if you don't have the time or skills to join our team but would still like to help out with development of the server. Pop over to our forums and post your suggestions.

Temporary Site: http://www.eqemu.knocturnalknights.com
Old 10-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Lord_Shadowbane
Fire Beetle

Fun server. Everyone should give it a try. Still in a very early development stage atm but tons of stuff being worked on =D
Old 10-18-2006, 07:58 PM
paaco
Discordant

Thanks Lord, I actually stepped back tonight and played through VT myself for the first time ever. It needs some serious tweaking. Mobs are just a bit tough starting out. I am glad you enjoyed it though
Old 10-19-2006, 12:52 AM
paaco
Discordant

Just as an update, Enoex and myself have been working hard to balance items and encounters. Lots of new ideas that we are working on for the server. Give us your opinions and suggestions on these.

- Team based pvp, while still keeping the storyline intact - At level 10 you will have to choose one of 2 paths. We will call them factions. When you choose your path you will be on that team for the rest of your stay on the server. This will also flag you for pvp and enable you to kill players on the oposing team. Killing players on the other team will give you faction with your team and minus faction to theirs. There will be faction related quests, rewards, etc for each team. Thats All I'm going to say about this aspect of the server. Theres a lot more to it which will be reveiled at a later time.

- Instead of a strict progression server like we were going to do initially, you will be able to pick multiple paths along the way as you lvl.

- A Semi-WoW based loot system. There will be random world drops like in Warcraft. These drops will be very rare and their stats will reflect this. If you have played WoW, they will be epic quality loots with like an 0.1% drop rate.

- All items, mobs, and quests are 100% custom so far. And we plan to keep it that way. Which will take us more time. But I think in the end it will be worth it.

- Max lvl right now is undecided, it will either be 50 or 60. Input please?

Anyways, lots more, just thought I would post a few of the ideas we have been kicking around. The server is up right now 24/7, all are welcome to come see what the server is like. I have closed all but the starting zone off though. Hope to see some of you there.

We are also still looking for one World Builder and someone that is good with perl. If you would like to apply for one of these jobs PM me or drop us a line on our forums.

Thanks,
Paaco
Old 10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Barl
Sarnak

what zones are in, how will spells be aquired and what are the means of travel
?
Old 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
paaco
Discordant

Right now, we only have one zone accesible to players. Just to give whoever logs in a taste of how the server is. Spells will be aquired different ways. 1-10 spells are given to you for free. Travel will be a combination of translocators, zonelines, and use of the flagging system for various tasks.

Last edited by paaco; 10-20-2006 at 12:01 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 04:05 AM
paaco
Discordant

Just to update you guys on our progress. A ton of bugs have been fixed. Mobs have been tested, tested, and when we thought we were done, we tested them again to balance them a little. Spell fixes, spells modified, custom spells added to the game. Overall a lot of work has happened.

Although most people can't see it yet because we only have one zone open to the public until beta. We have spawned a few more zones this week and tuned mobs the best we can. We will sooner or later be looking for a small group of people to help us test mobs and tune them properly before the first beta, so look for that. Although thats probably still a long way off.

Anyways, I don't know how many are following our little project or are even interested in it. But it is going to be a 100% custom pvp faction wars server, with a changing and updating storyline to support the pve and pvp aspect of it.

Enoex, my Lead Developer has been working hard to put up a guideline on our vision of the server which he updates when needed. Come take a look at it, give him suggestions on what could make it better, how you love it, and how you hate it. Hope to see you all soon.
Temp website: http://www.eqemu.knocturnalknights.com/
Paaco

Last edited by paaco; 10-23-2006 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Spelling Mistakes ;p