Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:13 AM
joh77
Fire Beetle

Default zoning issue

Hey folks, Pulled my hair out with this problem, maybe someone can help.

I'm running a minilogin server over Hamachi. I'm playing from the server box. Everything works and is in order. However /tells aren't working properly. Is this normal? Also /who all doesn't work. /who works fine but /who all just always says "there are no players in everquest that match those who filters". Is this normal? The biggest problem I'm having is that when I zone and anyone else on the server zones at the same time I go linkdead. When the other person has finished zoning they are on with the character I zoned with. They camp, I return to the character select screen and at this point we are both looking at the same character select screen, and what I mean by this is we are staring at the same characters from the same account. If this is normal I will find a work around for it, but if anyone else has had this problem possibly there is a solution. Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

i would say open your zone log file, find the lines from when the two of you started to zone and look there for a problem... if you cant find any, copy/paste the area around where you zoned into a code block on here for us to see.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:22 AM
joh77
Fire Beetle

I think I have this solved, I never changed my host.txt to the Hamachi server IP, and it still contained my lan IP. Would still let me log in, but was bugging the zone, somehow everyone else's Hamachi IP's where able to piggyback onto the lan IP and was giving others access to my account and booting me off.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

if you are behind a router there is the possibility that the people connecting from outside the network will connect to the worldserver as the ip address of your router. usually something like 192.168.x.x

this will cause the worldserver to think they are all on one account which would produce the type of problem you are having.