Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:49 AM
99er
Banned

Default Mob Aggro

Guys,

I have read thru the forums and heard a couple different explanations but I just can't seem to get my fingers wrapped around the solution.

My question is when I walk into a zone say like...ponightmare...everything cons indifferent. Now I am pretty sure everything in there should want to kill me on sight.

The database structure is confusing surrounding this area. Is there any simple way to understand it? How do I make an entire zone aggro? I am guessing faction setting for the npc but the numbers don't make any sense to me.

Can someone help me understand it please?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

quick answer, ignore all the "extra columns" and set the base faction to something very negative (like -1500).

the R_xxx and D_xxx and C_xxx columns are for race/diety/class specific modifiers (e.g. i dont like you, but since you worship bertoxx, i'll consider you dubiously rather than threateningly).

since there isnt a way to raise or lower faction with PoN residence, you can just create a faction if your DB doesnt have one, and attach it to the npc_types via the faction join tables (iirc, there is a 4 table join between a mob, their faction entry, its primary faction, and mods for killing them/others related).

look at how npc_types, npc_faction, npc_faction_entries, and faction_list.

again, since the PoN is a trivial case (everything is either a quest npc or a KoS mob) you can just ignore npc_faction_entries because killing stuff wont raise or lower your faction.

thus you would need a faction_list entry for something like "KoS PoN residents" or something similar, if there isnt one already. then create a npc_faction entry that links to that faction_list entry (primary_faction column). then edit the npc_types table, setting the npc_faction_id column to the npc_faction entry that corresponds. you dont have to take the (usual) inefficient 1 npc_faction per npc_type route in this case because you dont have to handle special quest cases or some-such.

== sfisque

Last edited by sfisque; 10-10-2007 at 05:00 PM..
Old 10-10-2007, 09:21 AM
99er
Banned

Thanks for the reply. It makes perfect sense. I will work on it tonight and see how I end up.

Thanks Again.