Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Arcaan
Fire Beetle

Default Video Card question

I don't know if this is the right place since seems more server orientated. But I am having problems when running 3 eq accounts on my computer and wondering why. Just bought and amazing vid card, cpu/mobo and have 4 gigs of ram so wondering what might be the problem
Old 11-05-2008, 05:11 PM
trevius
Developer

Try disabling sound. If you have sound running on more than 2 windows at 0nce, it is pretty likely to cause EQ or even Windows to crash due to lack of the ability for your soundcard to handle that much at once.

If sound isn't the issue, try turning down certain graphics, especially spell effects, shadows, Luclin models, and Pixel shaders.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
paaco
Discordant

What problem are you having exactly? If you just made a whole new computer and it's dual core, check out the dual core fix sticky.

EDIT: Just saw that you said running 3 accounts has a prob. If one and 2 works fine disregard my dual core thing ;p
Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Arcaan
Fire Beetle

Ok here is what the problem I am having is. Accounts 1 and 2 load and play perfectly. I have sound off as well as most of the character models IE old school race models hehe. I also have a lot of the other graphic stuff deselected. Now when I load the 3rd account it works untill I get to the character select screen. At that screen it messes up. Looks graphic related. Sometimes some of the back ground will be black or a lot of it and the graphics don't seem to load. Sometimes the character buttons to select different chars or to exit or enter game don't appear along with the black segments. I have been able to push to load once but it will not load. I don't get it and all the while the other two accounts if I switch back to them are working perfectly no lag or poor graphics. Another thing that happens is I am not able to close it out for a good while and they task manager will not come up it gives me an error. It is all very weird.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Arcaan
Fire Beetle

Heh should have done this before but here is the specs on my comp.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+
3.00 Ghz with 4 Gig ram DDR2

Vid Card is: ASUS EAH4850

hope someone has had the same problem and been able to find out what is wrong cause I have no clue
Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Mcbaine2
Fire Beetle

Use WinEQ. Before I was using that boxing on EQ Emu was nearly impossible, due to lag and crashing from alt tabbing. wineq lets you easily box more than one character. Give it a try if you havent already.