Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:46 PM
vonstarr
Fire Beetle

Default Can old lavastorm, bazarr, and arena be used?

I'm in the process of setting up a private server that my family and I can play on, and we'd like to have the old versions of lavastorm, bazarr, and the arena. I know that the old version of Nektulos forest can be used, because I saw that on PEQ. I've read that someone else was able to get the old Lavastorm to show up and work.

My questions are:

1) Is it easy to set up and have the old zones?
2) Do NPC's have to be programmed to be in their old positions in the old zones, or is that automatic?
3) Is there any way to bring back the old MIDI music into the game? It has a classic charm that I miss, and I noticed that the tune from Rivervale was missing when I tried PEQ's server.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

The most difficult task is getting your users to rename their zone files, which do exist in the eq client directory. Sounds like you really just want to use a classic database and you're done.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Keerarae
Fire Beetle

1) Is it easy to set up and have the old zones?
I wouldn't say it's easy but some zones are easier than others.
For Nektulos and Lavastorm you can rename the eqg files for those 2 zones to have the .bak extension. I think deleting them works too but the rename is safer. This will use the old geometry for the zone.

As for the Bazaar and the Arena to my knowledge the only way to have those is to have the Bazaar and Arena zone files from a time in which they were the old zones. For the bazaar, if you have your luclin install discs you can get the old zone files from there.

2) Do NPC's have to be programmed to be in their old positions in the old zones, or is that automatic?
I believe the PEQ database has the spawns for old nek and Angelox's DB has the spawns for old LS. I have not yet tried to port over spawns from another Database so I can't comment on how easy it is. It is most certainly not automatic.

3) Is there any way to bring back the old MIDI music into the game? It has a classic charm that I miss, and I noticed that the tune from Rivervale was missing when I tried PEQ's server.
This I am unsure of. If you figure it out let me know because I love that old music.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
jdam7459
Sarnak

Default Lavastorm

You can use old Lavastorm by changing lavastorm.eqg to lavastorm.eqg.bak. However, you are going to run into a host of zoning issues. Here's the zoneline fixes:

Code:
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = -172.2 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = --2118.3 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = -16.9 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = -1058.2 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = -939.9 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 17 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = 330 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = 1351.2 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 150.1 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = 482.8 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = 906.8 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 56.1 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = 227.3 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = 784 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 131.4 WHERE 'short_name' = 'lavastorm';

UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = 864.7 WHERE 'short_name' = 'najena';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = -15.2 WHERE 'short_name' = 'najena';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 4.4 WHERE 'short_name' = 'najena';

UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = 57.4 WHERE 'short_name' = 'soltemple';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = 247.8 WHERE 'short_name' = 'soltemple';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 3.4 WHERE 'short_name' = 'soltemple';

UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_x' = -525.4 WHERE 'short_name' = 'soldunga';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_y' = -441 WHERE 'short_name' = 'soldunga';
UPDATE 'zone_points' SET 'target_z' = 74.3 WHERE 'short_name' = 'soldunga';
Just source those and you'll be good to go.

Let me know if anything is wrong.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:38 PM
jdam7459
Sarnak

Sorry syntax in that is all messed up.
Gotta love late nights.

Code:
UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = -172.2 WHERE target_zone_id = 25 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = -2118.3 WHERE target_zone_id = 25 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = -16.9 WHERE target_zone_id = 25 AND zone = "lavastorm";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = -1058.2 WHERE target_zone_id = 44 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = -939.9 WHERE target_zone_id = 44 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 17 WHERE target_zone_id = 44 AND zone = "lavastorm";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = 330 WHERE target_zone_id = 80 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = 1351.2 WHERE target_zone_id = 80 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 150.1 WHERE target_zone_id = 80 AND zone = "lavastorm";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = 482.8 WHERE target_zone_id = 32 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = 906.8 WHERE target_zone_id = 32 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 56.1 WHERE target_zone_id = 32 AND zone = "lavastorm";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = 227.3 WHERE target_zone_id = 31 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = 784 WHERE target_zone_id = 31 AND zone = "lavastorm";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 131.4 WHERE target_zone_id = 31 AND zone = "lavastorm";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = 864.7 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "najena";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = -15.2 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "najena";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 4.4 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "najena";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = 57.4 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "soltemple";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = 247.8 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "soltemple";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 3.4 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "soltemple";

UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = -525.4 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "soldunga";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = -441 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "soldunga";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = 74.3 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "soldunga";
Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 PM
jdam7459
Sarnak

Code:
UPDATE zone_points SET target_x = -172.2 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "nektulos";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_y = -2118.3 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "nektulos";
UPDATE zone_points SET target_z = -16.9 WHERE target_zone_id = 27 AND zone = "nektulos";