Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:16 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Default Keyring issues

I belive that at the moment any key used automaticly goes onto players keyring.

There is however a problem with that - not all keys are ment to go there.
For example on LIVE, Befalen and Najena keys were NO RENT specificly for the purpose of needing to be obtained every time you want to crawl through those dungeons.

If NO RENT (or any key which never ment to) are automaticly going onto keyring- it ruins the whole idea of a dungeon with dissappearing keys

It would be nice if devs could create some sort of a special Keyring table which will determine if any specific key is keyring legit or not (legit by default, non legit if its in the table list)

IMHO this is fairly important design aspect of the game (not to mention 100% true to the LIVE )
Old 02-11-2009, 12:21 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The keyring system needs to be tied into Perl to not only achieve that functionality, but also to allow it to manipulate keyitems that are for doors controlled by Perl.

I don't think this system was finished by the original author sadly. Looking back, I think he didn't really understand our need for Perl wrappers and how EQEmu not only uses Perl for quests, but also for scripting of in-game objects and characters. I think I ended up chasing him away with my stubborn, picky nature :(

However Chaos, there is a quick and dirty method for that situation. We can lock those doors and check for the key using Perl. Since the keyring system currently doesn't work for Perl, it won't add those keys to the keyring, but will still require them to unlock the door/port you.

Last edited by cavedude; 02-11-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Yeah, I suppose you refer to something like setting up an inviseable proximity npc which will check if client has item X in the inventory or something?

Thgout a more solid upgrade to keyring system would still be nice =)
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

No... Use player.pl. Check the wiki, there are a few door functions that KLS added a long whole back.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

I hate doing this, but it's better than a new thread...

/cast rez dead thread

what is the check to see if they have the key? is it

if($hasitem{keyid}){
quest::forcedooropen()
quest::movepc()

or is that deprecated?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
joligario
Developer

The plugin is better. $hasitem only checks the individual where the plugin also checks the bank.

Unless of course you want to force the player to have the key on their person...