Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

Default All models, all zones

I was curious if there was a way to add all the models to all the zones, so that way you can add any custom NPC that you wish to whatever zone you want. any info would be appreciated. thanx.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default there is

there is but is a little tedious and you need to have all of your clients change these little text files. the problem also it slows downh the server as it will need to load in the info aside from its defaults
Old 07-26-2009, 11:15 PM
vales
Discordant

Not to mention that it slows down the client like mad. If you loaded every single model in every zone, it would literally take several minutes just to zone - maybe even longer.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

The answer is yes, and here is the procedure: GlobalLoad
Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 PM
vales
Discordant

Yeah that's the one I used. It took a good few minutes to zone after using that file. Everyone else that I was playing with that didn't use the file zoned in a few seconds.

If you want to use it, that's your perogative. But I just wanted to warn ya.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:55 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

thanx for the info. but I was wondering, does it actually affect all loading times, or just initial loading into the game? cause from what I was reading, it just affect initial loading. maybe I read it wrong? Idk.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsta69 View Post
thanx for the info. but I was wondering, does it actually affect all loading times, or just initial loading into the game? cause from what I was reading, it just affect initial loading. maybe I read it wrong? Idk.
if you are going the Global load method it "should" only affect the Load into the server, or atleaste this is how it was for me the last time I played with these. I Seen about 3 times as long load time, but from zone to zone it was the same.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 PM
vales
Discordant

Was zone to zone for me. Going from PoK to Nexus was a freakin pain in the ass. Or PoK to any zone for that matter. I promptly reverted back to normal and everything was peachy.