Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
sands101
Fire Beetle

Default What Server do u guys play in?

Sup guys, was wondering what regular server do people play in the most...I want to make sure in the right place ...plus I'm looking for people to play with...or if anyone is just looking to start a new character with me...
Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

Just look at the server list.. It says how many people are on..
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM
fonzorelli1
Fire Beetle

it really depends what your looking for buddy.

do u perfer PvP? Legit? classic? custom? etc etc.

there are servers for everyone's preferences. if you like PvP check out the VZ/TZ Server(classic, PvP, legit), if u want non PvP, check out PEQ(Legit, goes through LDoN i think) or Project1999 if u want classic legit non-PvP. if u want to try custom servers, i'd suggest Raid Addicts as i hear lots of good things.

have fun and welcome to the community! dont be afraid to hop servers until you find the one that you like the best

Fonzo Relli
Erudite Mage of Vallon Zek
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 AM
EqTitan
Sarnak

Don't forget to look down the server list a bit as well
EQTitan is a newer server hopen to join the ranks of the Preferred servers soon. Population is still low since you have to scroll down to see it . We have Gates of Discord expansion tho, really nice for grouping. Also buff bots if you feel like soloing

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30982

http://www.EqTitan.com

check us out
Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
mastajon
Sarnak

If your looking for a server that has a heavy lore feel to it. Blood of the Akkadian is fixing to come out of beta fairly soon. Players will be immersed in carefully crafted environments, to make the player feel like they are actually doing something constructive with their play time.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

if you are looking for a place to chill, the two skeletons in my signature can point you in the right direction =)
Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 PM
dragos56
Fire Beetle

My vote is totally Eqtitan. Their hardware is incredible and the coders they have on it are some of the best. Even boxing heavy, i hardly ever have crashes or lag. The community, while mostly 65 are very intelligent and down to earth people willing to help out most people on most things.

While we do have a small community 40 and lower.... like most servers you are goin to start there will be low population but you'll be amazed at the help you'll find if you ask respectfully.

Just my 2cents
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Just play on all of the servers, each one has a different flavor/feel to it. Perfection is a perception, so what may be good to someone else may not be to you...and vice versa. So, try them all...but do go past level 10+ to get a real "feel" for what the server is. Typically the tutorial doesn't really show what the purpose/feeling of a server is.

The forums a good spot to get information on a server, either that be here or the server's own forums. There you'll get to see community involvement, events, and how they identify/fix issues.

Or you can just log in and look at the server lists. The legends / prefered servers are those that are stable, been a server for YEARs, and heavily contribute to code/database/playerassistance/etc. The rest, regardless of volume, are still good but may not be seasoned servers or actively contribute to the community.

Again, try them all...find your home. Just a couple things to keep in mind is a lot of servers come up and go. So when on regular servers, if you are going to make the investment, get to know the staff. There have been servers with high populations just disappear due to whims of internal politics, lack of funds, or confrontations with players/emu staff. So if a server has been around 6+ months and still has 40+ population then you probably have lower risk of it just being a basement jocky.

Lastly, a couple things to think about. The people who developed/run these servers to it for FREE. So, don't think you're owed anything. They do this for the love of the game and their own communities. They also have another life, so can't be online 100% of the time. So don't be upset if it takes awhile for something to be done. However, it shouldn't be months before you hear anything either! Neither should you be treated unfairly, or the staff have an "ego"/talk down to you. This community is very tight, so know that your name will probably be known across the servers if you do anything really bad. So be nice on servers, forums, and the players/staff everywhere.

With that...happy hunting!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Frosef
Sarnak

When I play online, Irreverant's been my favorite one so far I think. The problem I found with most of the "live-like" servers is that live was never very solo friendly, but with the smaller community of emu servers you do end up playing by yourself a lot. So I enjoyed Irreverent for the live-like atmosphere but soloability.

Lately however, I've gotten into running my own private server, so I can tweak every little thing I want.