Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Xupiter
Fire Beetle

Default 2 comp wireless network login help requested

I have 2 computers on a wireless network. Everything worked last night. Today only one computer can login and select a server and play. That same computer can run 2 instances at the same time with no issues.

The other computer can no longer reach the char select screen. It can log in to server select and choose a server (any server) and will begin to load. Once it appears fully loaded with the status bar the screen goes black then poof im on the initial login screen again.

This computer is running windows vista and the titanium version i use is the same on the other computer. This computer was working fine last night. I have tried running the program normal and as administrator but still no joy.

To my knowledge nothing has changed network wise so im thinking it has to be a vista setting that may have been inadvertently changed. Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Xupiter
Fire Beetle

seriously no one has any ideas...i been messing with permissions and all that jazz still the second computer for an unknown reason refuses to log into any servers char select screen and reverts back to the un/pw login screen with an occasional 1017 error here and there which is just poping up now and again recently
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
trevius
Developer

Have you tried connecting to other servers, or just 1? Also, have you tried logging your working computer completely out of EQ and trying the failing one to see if that makes any difference? And, you aren't trying to log in with an account that you already have a character logged in on are you? That will cause you to get disconnected on most servers, if so.

Do you have any port range forwarding set on your router? If so, try removing it as port forwarding is not required for playing and may cause problems like you are seeing. If you have a firewall (including Windows firewall) running on your failing PC, you should try disabling that as well.

Last, please be patient for replies here. Just because you don't get an immediate answer doesn't mean you are being ignored. These forums are purely volunteer work, so answers can sometimes take a couple of days even.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Xupiter
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Have you tried connecting to other servers, or just 1? Also, have you tried logging your working computer completely out of EQ and trying the failing one to see if that makes any difference? And, you aren't trying to log in with an account that you already have a character logged in on are you? That will cause you to get disconnected on most servers, if so.

Do you have any port range forwarding set on your router? If so, try removing it as port forwarding is not required for playing and may cause problems like you are seeing. If you have a firewall (including Windows firewall) running on your failing PC, you should try disabling that as well.
yes to all...tried it all still cant get the one comp to get the char select screen. ty for reply much appriciated ill keep trying things i guess.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Xupiter
Fire Beetle

well i have no clue what was causing it so i uninstalled and reinstalled and of course did the necessary mods to files and such. Every thing works fine again. I just dont understand what happened to make the program stop working like that.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Frosef
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xupiter View Post
well i have no clue what was causing it so i uninstalled and reinstalled and of course did the necessary mods to files and such. Every thing works fine again. I just dont understand what happened to make the program stop working like that.
It sounds to me like one of your PCs accidentally patched. Only reason that comes to mind when one stops working with no direct tweaking of files/settings on your part, and a reinstall fixes the problem. That or a corrupted file I suppose. I would double check you don't have 2 EQ shortcuts on your desktop or something like that, I know I do after installing via Steam since Steam makes its own separate shortcut.