Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
neroz
Fire Beetle

Default EQ Atlas 2.0

I have been thinking about making a better EQAtlas for awhile now, I noticed the old site have'nt been worked on for ages and it also got removed.

I did make a hard copy of the whole site befor it got removed and decided that I should take my ideas into action and made a new EQ Atlas version 2.0.

The thing I really liked with EQ atlas was the maps from the old web site, so I actuly copied the maps to my site, I'm not sure about copyright but I have been trying to get in touch with Muse with no Success.

Anyway I need EQ players as my beta testers! By the moment the contact page on the site does'nt work so either send a comment to the frontpage or send me a mail or replay here with ideas and feedback! "There are no stupid questions only stupid answers"

EQ Atlas 2.0 LINK
Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

This isn't intended to rain on your parade at all, but it's already mirrored at the EQMacWiki site - I'm very interested in seeing the direction you take yours in however! More old school EQ nostalgia is always a plus!

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/atlas.html#notes

From that excerpt, they weren't able to get ahold of Muse either.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:39 AM
neroz
Fire Beetle

I know that there is a Mirror image of EQ Atlas done already, I did not like the old EQ atlas so I do not like the mirror of eq atlas :P

thats why i made Eq Atlas 2.0

There are lots of work to get everything working the way I want, so the web site is far from complete. As I study Computer science I know that it's important to involve the users in the beggining and therefore I want youre opinion on what can be improved and what you would like to see on this Better Eq Atlas.

I already got some feedback that there is to many clicks to get to the maps, I thought about a solution to either put the main map on the same page as the zone information or try find a nice script to make if click a link a dropdown with the map and information shows....

Please send more Feedback!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
neroz
Fire Beetle

I made some changes with the map section and would like some feeback on the new version.

The zone information section now have a link to expand the section with the map of your choise and information about it.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

From what I understand (and had confirmed for me) ZAM Networks (aka allakhazam.com) now owns the copyrights to eqatlas. I emailed them a long time ago about reviving the EQatlas website and DID get a reply from them.

Code:
On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Michael Pollock <reddog_ut@yahoo.com> wrote:

Does ZAM Networks own the eqatlas.com domain name and/or the rights to that domain name? I am looking into the possbility of reviving the eqatlas website. 

We are in the process of reviving the site.

- Fleven

-- 
eqteam@allakhazam.com
Of course that was about 6 months ago.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 AM
scarboni
Fire Beetle

Neroz here.

O' well :P

I'm not sure how to work with these copyright things. As the EQ Atlas site just went down without any information and there is no information on who owns the rights only that EQ Atlas web site owns all rights from 1999-2003. Last time i checked its 2010 now and I made a EQ Atlas 2.0 which is better

BTW If YOU (anyone) have any ideas how to improve the web site please send a replay here or on the web site.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I like what you've done. Wish they would have kept up with it. I have most of the stuff printed out in a 3-ring binder from years ago. The in-game maps are nice, but sometimes it's great to have a page to look at.

As for the copyrights, not sure I can help, but if you ask for permission you will likely not get any sort of real response. You can always put it out there and if they ask you to take it down, do so. Since you are not asking for money or anything, I can't imagine that they will have a problem with it anyway. I have a mirror of it as well, but it's not public.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM
scarboni
Fire Beetle

I would be more than happy to support you with a Atlas so you are welcome to use my web site I will expand it with Luclin and PoP soon...

Please come with some feedback to make it better and I will consider it and if it's not out of my league I will import it into the web site.