Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:12 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Great why the abuse ?

I am not breaking any rules on this post and it should not be removed. I have read over the rules and found no fault with the following:

My server Raid Addicts is down for 2 or 3 days and we are now no longer Green status after more than 5 years of being green status now it is not. (We have had 99.8% up time for years)

REASON When Asking Rogean:

Quote:
"Greetings KingMort,

This is CSR Rogean responding to your petition. I understand your server was down for a few days and in the process you lost the green preferred status.

I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately green status requires a certain uptime percentage that your server dropped below, and it was automatically removed by our system. In order to re-acheive green status your server must be re-voted on by the current developers of EQEmulator.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Rogean"

Fine My problem is we have been up all month and every month for years and had only a few days down time !!! Also we have not had much down time over the last few years other than a few days in October since a trusted GM/Volunteer Sabotaged our server and our spells..

There have been several servers on the green and gold lists who have had much more down time than mine and were never voted on or given notice to or removed of any status.

Example: Project EQ (PEQ) , Rough times for these folks they spent months having down time where they were not up and soon returned to have full GOLD status and GREEN for many years past. NEVER DEMOTED (There was no votes)

Storm Haven, SOA , Several times have gone down for up to 1 week for updates and improvments and there was no votes for them to be returned to green in fact they were never demoted in the first place..

Anyway I would like this resolved please as soon as possible. Appreciate the patience of the Forum moderators. Though this may seem like a Flame or a Rant it is not it is about understanding a new rule hopefully because if I have broken some new rule I would love to understand. I had no clue i wasn't supposed to update my server or prevent hackers !

Here is my Main Issue with the Voting System : Secrets, Rogean, and several other of the current devs i have fired from my server for corruption and I feel the system is at fault. I do not feel that i am being treated fairly here.. There are many people in this community who also hate me for banning their chars for cheating and i am sure they will reply to this.

Jordan "King" Mortenson
Owner - Raid Addicts
Old 10-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Rogean
Administrator

First off, that PM Reply was a joke. I'm glad you posted it though, now everyone else can laugh at it. You don't think I actually reply to PM's sounding like a useless SoE CSR do you?

You were removed for multiple reasons. Lets go over just a few of them, shall we?

You continue to spread lies and slander not only about your server and people related to it, but people related to this entire project. This includes defamation of several EQEmu developers. You lie about your server and it's history, about this 8 years bullshit that nobody cares about (don't even bother trying to defend this, we know it isn't true and we don't care). This is sometimes linked to your alcoholic issues which also creates numerous problems for this community and for the players of your server.

Let's move on to one of the biggest issues regarding your server. You openly admit to registering your server as a business in the state of Oregon in addition to soliciting donations as profitable income. Not only is this illegal and immoral, it puts this entire project at risk. Your actions could very well contribute to any legal battle that comes to any server involved in this community.

Server's given preferred+ status should be servers that represent this community in multiple aspects; They should be high population, high stability/reliability, and have a friendly staff that treats players with respect. I have received numerous logs and complaints about the way you act towards players on your server and the way you represent it generally. It's unprofessional, and it does not deserve any special status.

Your average player mark has dropped drastically. Your server is barely sustaining a population, probably due to the need to spill real cash to get anywhere. The biggest reason for a preferred+ server is population, and you've lost yours.

The majority of the EQEmu developers have gotten fed up with dealing with you. The fact is, is there a reason you would DESERVE to be green? You don't have a population, you don't have uptime. There is a reason we don't set specific guidelines on what servers need to be preferred+, and it's because it should be something that the developers decide on, based on what feels necessary and what doesn't. Additionally, it is so we don't have to deal with people like you making claims that you deserve it when you don't. Even if you did have a reason for deserving green, you've demolished any support you might have had within the group of people that would decide on it due to your attitude, insults, and lies.

Time to get a job mort, we won't help you earn cash from donations anymore.

Oh and for the record, It's laughable that you claim to have "fired" me from your server. A little hazy on your own history are you? This just reinforces the first reason above.