Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:44 AM
AQuebman
Fire Beetle

Default New Player looking for god mode

Hello all. I played EQ as a kid on my uncles account for years which limited how much I got to be a part of. My favorite thing was raiding and the lore. I also really enjoyed just seeing the events and how they unfold. Im one of the few who thought tiered progression was cool.

Anyways I really want to go through raid bosses and zones I have never been in but I dont really care about having a challenge or anything. Is there essentially a god mode server?

The closest I could find was The Realm but it appears a LOT of time will be spent leveling, gearing and specifically gearing Bots. Also I wasnt sure if the Bots were smart enough to handle split encounters like MB in POI for example.

I dont know how nor do I have resources for my own server. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Gaen Simmons Terris Thule SK of the 70th season
Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Chanus
Hill Giant

EZ Server is probably the closest to what you're looking for.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Quote:
Also I wasnt sure if the Bots were smart enough to handle split encounters like MB in POI for example.
Can be done, but is a royal pain in the arse. You probably want the EZ server, as Chanus suggested.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
AQuebman
Fire Beetle

So what does the EZ server provide that would pique my interests? The description is vague and I found nothing on the linked website. The videos linked wont play on my iphone so im sitting in the dark lol.

The name sounds promising but im surprised looking at the numbers that 200+ would want an ez mode server.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Chanus
Hill Giant

I've never played on it, so I don't know for sure.

This may help:

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...fo&worldid=768
Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 PM
AQuebman
Fire Beetle

Doh! Thanks for the try but that link was what I was referring to when I said videos i cant see and a website link that is devoid of info. I found new forums but no info. Guess ill have to just play it because it has a solid population.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:50 PM
AQuebman
Fire Beetle

Found out most of the original content is removed or locked :-(. Im hoping I eventually find a server unmodified I can destroy raids solo on for fun. Enjoy the lore through the game as I dont have the time or the resources to be in a raid guild on a server. That and most are prolly not going to want to spend time on ancient content for my curiosity.

Thanks all who commented I appreciate the help.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Run your own server, its easier to setup than trying to find your perfect match and you are guaranteed to get what you want. Players like you generally don't hang around much so server's catering to players like you don't last long.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Lane
Sarnak

Couldn't you just go on a random non populated server and do those GM commands that level you up to 80-90, give you AA's and insane gear?

I remember doing this on some random server and having a level 80 or 90 warrior that was God-mode.

You could also #zone to whatever zone you wanted, (I went to time and killed some...)

I forget the commands though ;/
Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

#help in-game will show you the GM commands.

You'd have to find a server with them enabled, though. I don't know which one does off-hand, though I'm pretty sure their is one.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

There's also this list for reference:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=GMCommands
Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 AM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQuebman View Post
Found out most of the original content is removed or locked :-(. Im hoping I eventually find a server unmodified I can destroy raids solo on for fun. Enjoy the lore through the game as I dont have the time or the resources to be in a raid guild on a server. That and most are prolly not going to want to spend time on ancient content for my curiosity.

Thanks all who commented I appreciate the help.
The EZ Server, from what everyone who plays on there has said, is not a solo server. While just about everyone agreed that you could solo high-end raid targets, it was very difficult and only certain classes were capable. I got the impression that you could box a healer and pull it off.

Irreverent Server may be what you're looking for in that the content has been tuned for solo play.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

ez server sisnt like live
Different Classes Do Different things
Butt they do have their General Things tho

Pallys are INCredidibly OP there

epic 1.0 , you get for free , heals for 1k Expectionall Heals ( group)
1.5 , u acn get whenm u got like 9k hps
heals for 3k exceptional Heals hehe
Dont know about 2.0 , 2.5 , 3.0 , 3.5 , 4.0
can imaigne high

cause a group of 2-3 Pallys can take on everything , Butt Low Dps
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 AM
jabedoben
Sarnak

You want the Last World server.

There is a buff you can get from higher level players that will give you 80k+ hp. You can use zone and coordinate GM commands. You can use 5 powerful bots. I explored every single zone in the game. There are random gear drops from all mob types.

Check it out. Most fun I've had on EQEMU servers.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Bernat
Fire Beetle

If what you want is a non-custom server where you can summon items to yourself to play high-end content from live, then you should look for a non-legit server.

Once you log into one, type #help to see the available commands. You're looking for a #summonitem or similar (can't recall by memory), this way you can equip yourself, and #level (if you want to skip the leveling). Other commands to raise your skills or give you aa's may be helpful too. ( Chanus provided a link with info about commands: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=GMCommands )

You'll also need the #bot command if you want to summon companions to your side, otherwise you'll have to log other accounts to help you with beating content.

When I get home I'll see if I can quickly check the current non-legit servers around just in case you can't find the tag yourself (simply look at the server's name).