Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 PM
turtledump2000
Fire Beetle

Default Reinstalling the EMU

I got a new computer after mine took a bath. Somebody else installed the Emu onto my old computer, and now I am left to figure this %&"$ out by myself! I am not very good at this stuff to begin with, but to make things worse I bought my computer in Ecuador and have Windows SIETE and everything is in Spanish. This makes it VERY HARD TO FOLLOW the "simple" step by step instructions on this forum I guess I just want to know if anybody knows of some kind of automatic installer for this. It's a long shot, but worth a try. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Uleat
Developer

I don't know of an auto-installer (yet), but is there a way to change the regional settings on this compute to US, UK or AUS? This could help with the translation issue.

Something else to consider is that SEINE may not allow windows updates from an US-based IP address. Also, you may not be able to use VS for the same reason.

Just a few things to check on before you actually try to setup a server.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Don't use computer in or around water use only air to clean them out i use an air blower that connects to air compreser tank using the chuck use outside use only i recommend you clean them out every season example spring,summer,fall,winter. yes there was an auto installer but if i recall right it was removed i have the file but it's consider illegal or against user policy that would be old school setup you don't want to use them. We don't support illegal software.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Uleat
Developer

Default Is an auto-installer illegal?

I hadn't run across this yet..Is an auto-installer for EQEmu and/or it's required support software illegal or against EULAs or the GNUGPL?

I'm not looking at distributing the software, only have another program download and manage the installation thereof.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

If you upload or link the file that was removed i'm sure Mr. Norton or Kls would remove you an or the file real fast just so you know. i do have a link
from cavedude site of an old post back in the day from 2005-2007 but that is the older version of eq setup we need to know what client he's using for starters.

I'm not talking about what you was going to post , but if it auto installs everything for you it better be a setup without causing the server problems.
Somebody else installed the Emu onto my old computer (that cought my eye another words of saying i bought this old computer and now i have access to this software.)

here you go first step is clear your mind before you setup a server. I know you like reading in eq and doing quest so you need to read till your eyes bleed or you need to follow along step by step don't skip any steps.
If some else setups your server for you how are you going to learn to run and manage the server and configure the server yourself?
minilogin.exe for personal use or private
eqemulogin.exe for personal use or private so you and your friends can login to your server
eqemulogin.exe for public so any one from eqemulator.org an or your friends can login to your server

5.10 perl use with vs2008 only
5.12 perl use with vs2010 only

follow:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29043
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
turtledump2000
Fire Beetle

@Noport Thank you for your advice in regards to my computer cleaning methods. I will take this information, and shove it right up my butt.

I have translated everything I can on my computer into English. When I change my idioma setting in my panel de control, it just makes all my programs default language English. My current plan: use the shit out of google translate.

Thank you to all that replied.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Mitchell
Fire Beetle

Follow the guide on the Wiki... fairly easy.