Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:22 PM
CruelCahal
Fire Beetle

Default Zones are Empty

So I compiled a new build and there are no NPCs at all, the zones are completely empty.
Do we require Boost and Lua to be installed now? I went about doing that. Now Cmake complains that it can't find the "Boost_DIR" no matter where I tell it to look.
It also says to set the path for the "Boost_INCLUDE_DIR" but there is no "include" folder under Boost. I downloaded Boost from the SVN, if that is the problem. Even though it says it can't find Boost_DIR, I can still build. Even though there is no "include" directory in the Boost folder, I set the path to look at the base Boost directory and it doesn't complain.
Cmake hasn't complained about Lua being a problem with the paths I set for it with Lua installed in C:\Lua\5.1\
Now, everything complies fine without any errors, and the server launches fine, I can connect to it, but all of the zones are empty of NPCs. I've used the latest SVN version 69 of PeqDB and I've tried the latest version of the PEQ daily build but the zones remain empty.
What am I missing now? Is it Lua's fault? Boosts' fault? I have no clue what I"m doing with either one of those.
Reverting back to an older build of EqEmu from two weeks ago has everything working fine with all zones properly populated.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:24 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

I have the same issue. finally got a build with Lua set up and log in and zones are empty.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 AM
CruelCahal
Fire Beetle

I noticed in the "eqemu_quest_zone" log that there is the following message..
---------------------------------------------
[07.13. - 23:19:07] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_quest_zone_7156.log
[07.13. - 23:19:07] Tying perl output to eqemu logs
[07.13. - 23:19:07] Creating EQEmuIO=HASH(0x3eec46c)
[07.13. - 23:19:07] Creating EQEmuIO=HASH(0x3ee9734)
[07.13. - 23:19:07] Loading perlemb plugins.
[07.13. - 23:19:09] Subroutine Cwd::fastcwd redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812.
[07.13. - 23:19:09] Subroutine Cwd::getcwd redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812.
[07.13. - 23:19:09] Subroutine Cwd::abs_path redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812.
[07.13. - 23:23:00] Terminating on signal SIGHUP(1)

None of my other logs from before this most recent build, have "redefined at C:/Perl/lib/Cwd.pm line 812"
Perhaps THIS is the problem, if Perl is having an issue, that would prevent the zone from being populated is the .pl files aren't being read/loaded, eh?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I've seen the perf defined plenty of times throughout using EQEmu, it sounds like a database problem - I'm still using Rev2256 though, so something might have been changed.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

zones were empty because required npc_special_abilites.sql needs to be ran into the db. I was getting an error trying to run it. after making change to the sql I got it to install and then I had npc in the world when I logged in.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `npc_types`  ADD COLUMN `special_abilities` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `npcspecialattks`;

UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "1,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%S%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "2,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%E%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "3,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%R%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "4,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%r%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "5,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%F%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "6,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%T%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "7,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%Q%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "8,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%L%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "9,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%b%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "10,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%m%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "11,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%Y%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "12,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%U%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "13,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%M%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "14,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%C%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "15,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%N%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "16,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%I%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "17,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%D%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "18,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%K%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "19,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%A%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "20,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%B%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "21,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%f%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "22,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%O%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "23,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%W%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "24,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%H%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "25,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%G%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "26,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%g%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "27,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%d%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "28,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%i%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "29,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%t%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "30,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%n%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "31,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%p%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "32,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%J%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "33,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%j%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = CONCAT(special_abilities, "34,1^") WHERE npcspecialattks LIKE BINARY '%o%';
UPDATE npc_types SET special_abilities = TRIM(TRAILING '^' FROM special_abilities);

ALTER TABLE `npc_types`  DROP COLUMN `npcspecialattks`;
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

so now I have a grouping issue. I can invite once and they join and says I am now the group leader. but after that you cant invite anyone else. From research and memory, there was an ismerc column added to group_leader in db and I do have that. so maybe some new issue that arised with latest build?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You are using an old database. You need to use the new daily dump as your source for an initial database.

http://peqtgc.com/release

As of this writing, the only thing you need to manually source in after using a daily dump is the new special ability SQL, and it will source with no errors.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:59 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

I am using the new daily dump db, gotten today as matter of fact. for some reason it was given errors for me when I ran the sql from navicat.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 PM
sorvani
Dragon

As I am in the middle of completely rewriting something for the PEQ quest repository at the moment, I am grabbing the daily dump each morning and have none of these issues. At this point I do not know what to tell you, but here is what I do every day:

Download DB to c:\eq\SQL
Right click .gz -> 7zip -> Extract Here
Right click .tar -> 7zip -> Extract Here
Overwrite All
Open MySQL command prompt
source drop_system.sql
source peqbeta_2013-XX-XX-02-01.sql
source 2013_07_11_NPC_Special_Abilities.sql
source PoTimeB_changes.sql
Double click start.bat
Old 07-15-2013, 05:52 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
As I am in the middle of completely rewriting something for the PEQ quest repository at the moment, I am grabbing the daily dump each morning and have none of these issues. At this point I do not know what to tell you, but here is what I do every day:

Download DB to c:\eq\SQL
Right click .gz -> 7zip -> Extract Here
Right click .tar -> 7zip -> Extract Here
Overwrite All
Open MySQL command prompt
source drop_system.sql
source peqbeta_2013-XX-XX-02-01.sql
source 2013_07_11_NPC_Special_Abilities.sql
source PoTimeB_changes.sql
Double click start.bat
sorvani, want to say thats a good example. If we used a reputation meter on the forums I would actually +1 you. (I hate garbage like rep meters on forums).
Hope it helped the other guy.