Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:31 AM
knowom
Discordant

Default Hardcore mode...DeathExpLossMultiplier is there a limit or cap?

Can DeathExpLossMultiplier be setup/tweaked to revert all your experience and levels back to 1 upon death?

I've been thinking about the possibility of like a EQ hardcore mode inspired by Diablo not sure on a name thought maybe "ReduxQuest" perhaps.

The game play itself inspired a lot by "Walking Dead" a nightmare train ridden zergfest group make up, alertness, and crowd control all very important. It wouldn't be restricted to simply zombies however, but rather all EVIL kill on sight mobs more dominantly undead types though Paladins & Clerics rejoice!

The breakdown gist of it would be as follows which I don't think would be too radical or inherently problematic to accomplish.
  1. Lose ALL levels and experience upon death.
  2. Keep items upon on death.
  3. The level cap would be either reduced or XP increased.
  4. Mob density increased exponentially.
  5. More linked and path mobs.
  6. Faster spawn rates.
  7. Towns not completely secure.
  8. 3 quality item tier levels of loot randomization to items gold, silver, and bronze. (with potential 4th titanium tier later down the road)
  9. Faction vs faction PVP. (possibility would need to gauge interest, but I feel the element of it would mesh kinda nice together)

It defiantly hinges on the answer to the question up top and overall interest feedback as well.

Does it sound like a fun challenging experience or too tedious burdensome and aggravating?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You can do some of this in Perl. You could have sub EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE set their level and skills to 1. As for the other stuff, that's up to you as to how you do that.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 AM
knowom
Discordant

Sweet I'll have to look into it next week or so. Finishing up my worn illusions mask project 138 more Pokemon masks to go.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 PM
knowom
Discordant

I'm trying to flesh out the faction vs Faction PVP details a bit it. This is what I've come up with so far. You've got your 3 standard factions good, neutral, and evil teams. The teams would consist as follows.

Good - Barbarian, Dwarf, Gnome, High Elf, Wood Elf
Neutral - Erudite, Froglok, Half Elf, Human, Ogre
Evil - Dark Elf, Halfling, Iksar, Troll, Vah Shir

The only issue I see offhand is monk is missing from good alignment, but they still have shadow knight and necromancer for FD. One thought was could I simply take Drakkin's race creation table and just swap the race ID's around with Wood Elf? I still use titanium client otherwise I'd just use that race to begin with.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:13 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
You can do some of this in Perl. You could have sub EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE set their level and skills to 1. As for the other stuff, that's up to you as to how you do that.
I'm just learning pearl and reading up on it a bit on the wiki to see what I can learn and figure out. I came across shese two sub EVENT's which standout similarity.

sub EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE - Triggered when the NPC dies.
and
sub EVENT_SLAY - Triggered whenever an NPC kills someone.

To clarify what I want is to make players lose levels for dieing to NPC's not from killing NPC's and wasn't planning on them losing skill ups

I'm confused though by the description with sub EVENT_SLAY's it sounds like I want, but am in no way a pearl expert so was wondering if you meant that earlier.

I'm not entirely sure what I tweak either I believe I open default.pl or default-actions.pl then change the proper sub EVENT to include something along the lines of "SetBecomeNPCLevel(level 1)" , but I'm not sure that's just my best guess on how it works more or less.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You would want sub EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE, like I said, as it works in NPC and client scripts, whereas sub EVENT_SLAY is for NPCs only. You can also make sure that the killer is an NPC so they don't lose levels from PvP.

Put this in the global folder in global_player.pl.
Code:
sub EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE {
    if ($entity_list->GetMobByID($killer_id)->IsNPC()) {
        quest::level(1);
    }
}
Old 05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
knowom
Discordant

Thanks for the clarification on that Kingly the IsNPC variable for a PVP check was a nice idea to be included for certain.

I'm still not sure what where "global folder" refers to I see global_player.pl in "C:\EQ\EQemuServer\Plugins" do I just edit that file with that code added to it or am I looking in the wrong spot?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 AM
knowom
Discordant

For the time being I'm going to try to start working on the PVP alignment details a bit. A lot of which will probably involve manipulating the follow two tables in part.
  • char_create_combinations
  • char_create_point_allocations

I thought team alignments could consist as follows.

Good - Barbarian, Dwarf, Gnome, High Elf, Wood Elf
Neutral - Erudite, Froglok, Half Elf, Human, Ogre
Evil - Dark Elf, Halfling, Iksar, Troll, Vah Shir

The good team missing monk concern is a problem I'd prefer to find a solution to. The class could be be removed entirely worst case scenario.

I thought below this might alternatively work as teams by adding human to each team.

Good Team - Barbarians. Erudites, Half Elves, Halflings, Humans
Neutral Team- Dwarves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Gnomes, Humans
Evil Team - Dark Elves, Ogres, Trolls, Iksars, Humans

I don't know if anything would prevent you from assign human to 3 different PVP faction alignments in some clever way. I know you could add monk to another race table, but it would screw up the fight animations I believe. I don't know if maybe the animations thing could be fixed however I came across this link which said that March 16, 2014 Froglok Monks will also become available as a playable race/class combination in-game I assume they added some new animation files.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...vealed.206665/

It also mentioned Wood Elf Beastlords which sounds like so natural a race/class combination that they probably should have thought that up a long time ago.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

The global folder should be C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\quests\global in your case. Also, you can make custom race-class combinations, although some may not have proper animations, such as an Ogre as a Magician, robes will not show up, or a Gnome Monk, the kick animations will not work aside from normal kick.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 PM
knowom
Discordant

Froglok Monk it was added on live back in March 16, 2014 along with Wood Elf Beastlord. I used live as a reference point.

They are able to choose either Mithaniel Marr 208 or Quellious 210 deity. For starting stats they receive 80 str, 80 sta, 85dex, 85 agi, 75 int, 75 wis, 75 cha along with 20 assignable stats 5 default allocate to str 15 default allocate to agility. I created a new allocation_id 109 for though allocation_id 52 would have worked well enough for all intents and purposes since the 20 allocation points are customizable regardless. They start in crescent reach 394 zone on live. I included a alternative char_create_combinations grids folder though to use The Rathe Mountains 50 as alternative supplement starting zone.

I'm not sure how the animations will work for certain kicks and such on titanium and other older clients that aren't up to date with live client. I do know that on live from what I'm told flying kick just does the back flip Froglok performs during their casting animation. Anyway here's a the grid table entries for the Froglok Monk enjoy your FROAAAAKKKKING pull split hibernating!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y...it?usp=sharing I think the live grid entries folder could probably be used for
Development::Server Code Submissions and the other is just a minor zone id custom tweak to it for a alternative starting zone which could go in Development: Custom Code. For now it's being shared here because I don't know where the most appropriate location I'll leave that for administrators to take a look at and decide what's best.

I didn't bother with creating Wood Elf Beastlord, but wondering if I should for that as well it wasn't too difficult it was just really referencing some ID's for race, class, zone, allocation_id along with base stats and allocation stats amounts. If there is interest I don't mind putting some grids together for it.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 AM
knowom
Discordant

Have to say was always a fan of UO defiantly helped pave the way for EQ. They had a lot of great design idea's that felt good. I always did like there item affixes. Anyway this is a nice reference point on them.

I'm leaning towards borrowing a bit from it in terms of itemization and naming probably with a bit of my own tweaks. I've actually considered the idea of recreating UO's itemization for EQ as a project. I've thought it would be rather neat to see how it felt within EQ myself.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Item_ID