Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-27-2003, 03:51 PM
heirrow
Fire Beetle

Default Hate that 1017 error, running the 0.4.1

Greetings,

After countless hours of banging my head against the table and scouring the forums to find a possible answer. It dawned upon me, why was I unable to add a user or flag an account.

Answer: The WORLD.EXE does not allow the ability to flag accounts, at least the one that comes in 0.4.1.

Solution: DL one of the previous versions of Eqemu. copy the WOLRD.EXE to the <Folder holding Eqemu> as a world1.exe. Then do the flags with the World1.exe file. Most had not noticed this problem because they allready have there database set up with the accounts.

Works great for me, and just wanted to thank everyone who has made it possible for this EQ Emulator fan to once again reak havoc in my own way.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Auldar
Sarnak

I actually believe it's primarily because world.exe doesn't allow you to add accounts, although I don't think it flags either.

Just download EQAdmin, configure it to access your database, then add an account: eqemu

with password: eqemu

Then commit it to DB, set it to serverop, then commit again (serverop the first commit get's reset :P).

If you use MiniLogin, that's the only account that will ever be used, no matter what you type in as your Station name etc. You have to use a different login server (which I haven't needed so I don't know anything about :P) if you want to use specific accounts.

-Auldar
Old 01-28-2003, 07:58 AM
singalots
Sarnak

I get that 1017 error without having 4.1, which i think is why i get it in the first place, I need a Guide with Pictures and stuff to show me how to get version 4.1 PLEASE HELP! i want to play this sooooo much!