Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:03 AM
hiddenfear
Sarnak

Default Question about Guild Wars

I am interested in playing on this server onces it comes back online. Who do I need to contact?
Old 03-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Vermea
Hill Giant

Guildwars is just like any other server that's up on EQEmu. You don't need to ask anyone to play or require anything special to play it. But be warned, it IS legit and is the atmosphere pre-expansions. Original Everquest. It will be back up in a week or two (from what I understand). When it's up, just connect to it like you would connect to anything else.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:39 PM
hiddenfear
Sarnak

I know its legit, thats what why I want to play on it. But how does this guild thing work? Are you randomly added to a guild, or do you join one when your in game? Reason I ask I have like 3 other RL friends who might join me and we would like to be in the same guild.

-E
Old 03-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Vermea
Hill Giant

You must ask or be invited into one once your in game. I wouldn't suggest joining one right away though, some of the towns are owned by guilds and if your in a guild and try to walk into an apposing guild's town, you will be beaten to death by the guards. But if you aren't in any guild then you can walk around any town you want.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:54 PM
hiddenfear
Sarnak

Ahh cool. I`ll check it out onces it comes back on line
Old 03-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Toofles
Sarnak

I wouldn't recommend joining a guild till you're 45+ or you risk getting waxed.

PS: There's practically only two guilds on the server, Vox Dei and Lethal Encounter.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:19 AM
Piska
Sarnak

lol there was 2 guilds we (Lethal) took over Kelethin. So Vox had no city, right before they took the server down.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:06 AM
Vermea
Hill Giant

Just a slight setback on the part of Vox Dei. We didn't have any time to retaliate before the server went down so don't get too cocky. You can be sure that we won't be city-less for very long. Kelethin was nice to have, but it isn't a critical outpost.....Don't worry Lethal, your time will come.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Toofles
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermea
Just a slight setback on the part of Vox Dei. We didn't have any time to retaliate before the server went down so don't get too cocky. You can be sure that we won't be city-less for very long. Kelethin was nice to have, but it isn't a critical outpost.....Don't worry Lethal, your time will come.
You weenies are going down.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:55 AM
Vermea
Hill Giant

Actually, I'm only level 18 or so...so I can't do much. Also, I am thinking about leaving the clan till I'm level 45+ so I can at least go into Kelethin and NOT die.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
Don't worry Lethal, your time will come
LOL funny :P

Anyways now that I have officially decided to help out the server as a GM, Im not going to recreate the guild. You guys are more than welcome to keep the name of the guild but I wont have any affiliation with it. You guys should pick a leader if you guys want to recreate the guild. I would suggest Danvi, he levels fast and would make a good leader.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 PM
nosaj
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I would suggest Danvi, he levels fast and would make a good leader.
Danvi is a gimp. I pitty anyone who joins guilds with him. Dont plan on going on any naggy/vox raids once he finds out how to exploit them.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:20 AM
toiletpunks
Sarnak

Default GuildWar's Watchout.

GuildWar's here I come.
:twisted: You all ready to Rumble.
From the way you all talk about this server you can count me in when i get my computer fixed up. Right now im using the school computers. T1 isn't to bad. Going to miss the fast connection when i get back home. :( 56K. Guess i got some Studying to do when i get home. MUST MASTER EQEMU. MUST BE THE DEVOTED HERO ON GUILDWAR'S :P

---Pain is only weekness leaving your body!---
---But wait. Could your Special Reward be transoformed into something better. I don't know you Figure it out. Hell, The Rune is the Key.---
Old 03-07-2003, 02:41 AM
hiddenfear
Sarnak

Sounds like there's some heavy compitition on Guild Wars.