Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

Default PROBLEM WITH EQPATCHER...

ive followed all the steps to run EQ for the first time, but when i tried to patch with the eqpatcher, it says CANNOT CONNECT TO PATCH SERVER...

please , help me, thx.

ps: yes, ive downloaded mdac_typ.exe...

cya! :cry:
Old 03-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Memener
Dragon

well at leastn you dont get a missing DLL file or a runtime error like i do

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 03-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

i tried to run everquest.exe then enter with my acc. and pass of the forum (cause i replaced the eqhost.txt on the EQfolder) but when i reach the servers (they all appear correctly) all of them said something like : "cant connect now to the servers, must be a temporary thing" or something like that (i dont remember exactly) but it says that all the time i want to enter to a server...

i know, i cant patch it with the EQPATCHER, but maybe i dont need it. do i?? whats wrong, please help me cause im VERY VERY NEW with this... thank you...
Old 03-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Memener
Dragon

i tried to run everquest.exe then enter with my acc. and pass of the forum (cause i replaced the eqhost.txt on the EQfolder) but when i reach the servers (they all appear correctly) all of them said something like : "cant connect now to the servers, must be a temporary thing" or something like that (i dont remember exactly) but it says that all the time i want to enter to a server...

i know, i cant patch it with the EQPATCHER, but maybe i dont need it. do i?? whats wrong, please help me cause im VERY VERY NEW with this... thank you...

You should not of run everquest.exe try to find the EQfix.exe and cop those files to your everquestb folder

Old 03-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

do you mean EQWFIX.EXE ??

if is this one, isnt supposed to run UNDER the EQ folder??

thx for the help.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

now ive ran the game with the "eqgame.exe patchme" way... and the error i get is "ERROR 1017 CANT CONNECT TO THE SERVER..."

i dont know much bout this... i hope it can help so you guys can help me!! hehe... thanx a lot in advance...
Old 03-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Memener
Dragon

no i mean the EQfix.zip file i have and i am looking at it right now

Old 03-16-2003, 06:50 AM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

can u tell me please WHERE to get that file? thanx!! (cause the EQPATCHER "DOESNOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!" )

THX. :cry:
Old 03-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

can someone HELP ME HERE!! THANX. :(
Old 03-18-2003, 08:04 AM
Nub
Fire Beetle

Nobody will give out those files because they call it "Warez" and Verent will take everyone to the cleaners...

I guess making an emulator and a so called "patch program" is totaly legal and in line with Verants "dream"

I would love to know how making a patch server and program called EQEMU Patcher is not "warez"
Old 03-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Obi-Wan00
Fire Beetle

bahh!! come on!! are u kidding me guys|???? isnt this supposed to be a place where u can play EVERQUEST for free??? so, thats not legal at all!!

so, if you don want to post here the fix, its ok, but dont says this is legal, cause YOU KNOW ITS NOT LEGAL... but if you want to "believe its legal" that up to you guys...

thanx for THE HELP... it was VERY USEFUL!!! I MADE IT WORK YEAH SURE!!! RIGHT... WITH THIS HELP I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE IT WORK !!! CAUSE I FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS AND DOESNT WORK!! OH... WAIT.. YOU NEED A FIX!! YES... OK... GIVE ME THE FIX... OH.. SORRY... WE "CANT" ITS ILEGAL!!

COOOOOOME OOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS MUST BE JOKING THINKING ALL THIS BU##S$IT IS LEGAL...

well.. i dont want to keep going.. its EVERYTHING ok... never mind about the fix.. ive DELETED everything concerning everquest and the eqemu... cause ITS NOT WORKING... thanx for nothing... bye
Old 03-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Memener
Dragon

Email me and i might tell you where you can donwload the file from

Old 03-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Anakin
Fire Beetle

Thx memenerr but the smtp server of eqemu.net isnt working. ;(

EQEMu Forum Index
General Error

Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out
Old 03-19-2003, 12:29 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

i have the same problem as obi wan how can i fix it ?
can send me an e-mail where to download the fix at agentlogun@yahoo.co.uk
Old 03-19-2003, 01:00 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

ok i'm gonna try to explain my current situation, been using eqemu for a few weeks, and been farting about on various servers to get the jist of things... then i accidently zone from upper to lower guk crash to desktop and my eqemu patcher refuses to patch.

fair enough sumthing has gone wrong, so i reinstalled the eqemu patcher and the mdac thingy nothing seems makes a difference, so is this warez thing the only way to fix it?

i find it very strange, one zone knackers the whole thing when i been crashing to desktop for weeks /shrug any help would be... well helpfull hehe thanks in advance.