Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-26-2003, 06:00 AM
padwin
Fire Beetle

Default EQw and EQ crash at login

Symptoms: I get kicked back to desktop directly after trying to connect after logging in my username and password.
Background: I have directx 8.1 (always used to work fine, I doubt that's it. Please don't make me get 9 unless you're pretty sure that's it). Yesterday I installed EQ trilogy, then Luclin, then patched up-to date on EQ patcher. I then installed the EQhost.txt file and got the newest EQw from EQwindows.com and installed that in a seperate folder from my EQ install folder as per instructions. I do have a personal firewall, but I've allowed all traffic to and from Everquest. I'll check my firewall setup by disabling it for a moment. I'll post the outcome of that. Thanks in advance. Geez, to think, I actually used to run my own EQemu sever, now I can't even connect to others.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:10 AM
padwin
Fire Beetle

I verified: no difference even with the firewall completely disabled. I'm using EQW 2.35a. It seems to be the newest version, but it's beta. As soon as I hit connect, Everquest (in Eqw) just vanishes. I'm usually use my own brain to get myself out of these things, but I need to lean on someone else's experience in this case. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Merth
Dragon

Try without EQW. Use the HOWTO sticky in the tutorial section for information about how to play without EQW.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:25 AM
padwin
Fire Beetle

Yep I was doing that as you were posting that advice. Still the same thing. "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme running in the folder "C:\Program Files\EverQuest is the shortcut properties. So I think I just ruled out Eqw. Got anything else? Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 06:30 AM

kinda a dumb question but how can i maximize eqw screen?
Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 AM
padwin
Fire Beetle

In order to make EQw work full screen, it needs to be the same res or higher than your desktop. When you first get into Everquest, go to options and you can change the resolution. If your desktop resolution is 800x600, you want your EQ resolution the same. Now; Back to my problem. I still need help. Any would be appreciated. Thanks in advance again
Old 09-26-2003, 07:12 AM
padwin
Fire Beetle

Please help. Everquest just disappears after my correct login. More details listed above. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 07:53 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Patch to eqlive again.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Memener
Dragon

do you run windows XP with permissions on ?
If so you need to get on the admin desktop a disable permissions, so all the desktops have the same permissions. I had this same problem when i had permissions enabled on my windows XP computer ....

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:46 PM
padwin
Fire Beetle

For some reason, it started working after powering up the computer this evening. About your recommendation for disabling permissions. I'm pretty good with computers. I have PC certifications, but I'll admit I haven't discovered all the dark corners of Windows XP yet. Could you give me more of a clue what you mean? I have one account on my computer, the default "Administrator". I've looked for a setting in Administrative Tools that sounds like what you mentioned and I've done searches on Google and still I don't know what you mean about disabling permissions. I have deleted all user accounts except Administrator and the undeletable 'guests'. Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Memener
Dragon

If you just have one desktop, thats the admin desktop.
lol sorry you didnt understand me lol no one does anyway glad you got it working...

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:18 PM
mattmeck

Try a diferent server, When i tried to log onto the servers today I crashed on 3 of them and didnt on the other 2. Donno whats up with that.