PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 2.4

Windcatcher
11-14-2003, 06:35 PM
WHEW!!!!

You have no idea how long this was in the making. It's a HUGE release. Here's what's new (and it barely scratches the surface).

1. Added the ability to edit the ground elevation in several ways:

- Get height/set height
- Raise/lower land within a certain radius
- Flatten land within a certain radius at lowest, average, or highest elevation

2. Added ability to see a crosshair in fly mode that makes adding objects easier.

3. Added ability to see crosshairs at ground grid positions that makes editing elevation possible.

4. Added a wizard for "rumpling" ground to make it more realistic.

5. Added a wizard for "mountainizing" a zone along the north, south, east, or west edge (or a combination of them). This wizard also adds zone bounds to prevent players from going beyond these edges.

6. Added a wizard for adding a zone exit through a mountainized edge and automatically adding zone bounds to restrict movement in the zone exit.

7. Added a facility for editing invisible zone bounds in the ground editor.

8. Added a compass for use in fly mode.

9. Fixed the problem where the user's XYZ position wasn't accurate when in fly mode.

9. Fixed the problem with pitching up or down too far when in fly mode.

10. When exporting to .S3D, the user has the option of specifying a name other than the textureset name.

11. The ground editor has a new option for shading the grid so elevations become more apparent.

12. You can change the water settings after creating the zone and the program will automatically recalculate which polygons should have the land texture and which should have the water texture. This also applies to when ground elevations are changed.

13. It is possible to globally change the land or ground texture from the water settings window.

14. Creating a flat zone results in a zone that can be edited in the ground editor like any other.

15. Added a status bar at the bottom that shows whether you are in bird's-eye or fly mode.

16. Added a comprehensive tutorial to the documentation that walks new users through the program from zone creation to zone export. Tutorial scene files are also included in the distribution.

17. Other minor internal bugfixes.

You'll be able to get it at

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemu/OpenZone_2.4.zip?download

once SourceForge has staged the file. Take a look at the documentation for the new features: I've put a lot of work into it and it should help a lot, ESPECIALLY THE TUTORIAL.

WC

Rogean
11-14-2003, 06:43 PM
woot, gj WC =)

a_Guest03
11-15-2003, 04:32 AM
You're the man, WC!

DeletedUser
11-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Dammnnnnn. Windcatcher, for a moment I thought you died for a few months again. :P

Weren't you writing a book?

Windcatcher
11-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Yup. I'm up to 380 pages. Once I get this admin tool done I'm going back to it.

WC

dolanorn
11-15-2003, 10:09 PM
nice tool 8) going to try to make a new zone as soon as I finish to read the manual (almost a book too :P)

mudman
11-17-2003, 09:21 AM
can some post some of thier openzone creations? Would like to see some examples thanks!

Windcatcher
11-18-2003, 08:57 AM
There used to be a place to upload OpenZone creations, but it's not around anymore. The tutorial_1 and tutorial_2 files in the OpenZone ZIP file use the textures on SourceForge. I have another (large) example I can upload as well, but no place to put it. It would be nice if we had a centralized place where we could upload content.

WC

Rogean
11-18-2003, 09:31 AM
WC I can set somethin up for you. PM me on IRC if you want to.