PDA

View Full Version : Starting items problem

kathgar
11-23-2003, 01:58 AM
If your databases have the starting items for spell casters(the scrolls) you may run into problems. They old items link to a different spellid than they should now, and we cannot recollect them as you now have the spells already scribed, thus we cannot recollect those scrolls.. unless someone have a character with them just laying around. You're best bet for the time being is to change the nodrop * spell scrolls to the normal ones, which still have the correct spells.

Sometime soon either I or another dev will make a new database table and code for starting spells. It might even get done today, but I know I am going to work on other things first that cannot be so easily worked around.

Scorpious2k
11-23-2003, 02:07 AM
I wrote a program a while back to generate all the entries for the starting items from tables. It might be easier to make a couple of mods to it and run it rather than make the changes by hand. I know TCS is using the table this creates.

Let me know if you would like the current version of the program or maybe I can fix it and run it for you and just send the sql file....

EDIT: the url for the message about the program is http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10393&highlight=