PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Waiting for FQadmin? Switch to CC!

Bug
11-28-2003, 06:29 AM
The Mysql Control Center is shockingly a lot like FQadmin, and is 100% compatible with any version of Eqemu.

Download it here:
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysqlcc.html

Now to encourage more people to make the switch, I'll provide one of the simple things that is missing: the search feature! It's not actually missing, but you need to make a Mysql Query in order to do it.

Before I explain how to use the .sql files I'm providing, let me go over what is in each of them.
Example from one of the files:
SELECT * FROM items
WHERE name LIKE '%fish%'

What this says is list anything from the items table that is in the column name, and contains the word fish. If this query was run, it would return items like a fish, a fishingpole etc. So the basic format is:

SELECT * FROM table
WHERE column LIKE '%number or word(s)%'

Now originally for my own personal use I have some premade sql queries for the most commonly used table/column combinations. To install, simply extract them somewhere easily found on your harddrive. Then after you've ran CC, and have a particular table you want to search in, double click on the table name to display the information in the table, and go to FILE / OPEN in the new window. Now find where you extracted your .sql files, and find the appropriate one that starts with your table's name. If it's not there, then it's not commonly used or not needed so I didn't make one. The format for how I named each .sql is as follows:

table_column_search_query.sql

So if you're searching for something in the table "Items", and the column "Name", the .sql file would be:

items_name_search_query.sql

Now once you have found the proper .sql file, open it and it will appear in the sql query window. (If it doesn't you need to click the SQL button beside Paste.) Now just change the word fish to the name or number of what you're searching for, and hit CTRL + E or go to Query / Execute. What you searched for, will now be displayed.

Download Link:

http://searchquery.tripod.com/download

jenniferrose
11-28-2003, 09:50 AM
WOW, just loaded this program and I can't say enough about it. Thank you for sharing this info, now I can finaly edit my 5.0 db :)

arkaria
11-28-2003, 10:12 AM
There are lots of posts about MySQL CC and how to use it.

Bug
11-29-2003, 08:20 AM
There are some posts about the Control Center, but they are just random posts on other topics, this way it's more clear, and it shows you how to search in mysql.