PDA

View Full Version : (extremely) Simple spell ID finder

Puck6633
12-03-2003, 05:10 AM
I'm sure there are FAR better programs here that do the same thing but I've created a very basic spell ID finder. The reason I decided to make it was that the EQEmu server tends to really bog down EQ when I'm playing, and running a full spell editor or a text editor with a 2MB spell file loaded kills it. :)

So I wrote a tiny utility with the aims of making something that could quickly get me the ID I needed without killing my system, and it seems to do that pretty well for me, especially at 13K uncompressed. :D That's when I realized that I might not be the only one with that problem, so I decided to upload it and post it here.

You can get it from: http://fee.magickalrealm.com/Spellfinder.zip (6K zip file)

In order for it to work you have to place it in the same directory as spells_us.txt (your EQEmu directory would be ideal), from there it's pretty obvious, just type in part or all of the name of the spell your looking for (or a general word, like Wolf) and hit enter.

Unfortunately the search is case sensitive, so if you don't find what you're looking for try capitalizing the first letter: I.E. "illusion:" produces no result, while "Illusion:" lists all illusion spells.

I hope someone will find it useful. :D