PDA

View Full Version : Jerky NPC movement

tommygun
12-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Tried playing on some of the public EQEmu servers, and have also set up my own server on my home LAN (using minilogin), but having a problem on either with NPC movement being very jerky. Not at all like when playing live EQ.

In addition, when the NPC reaches a waypoint, it's almost like the EQ client doesn' realise that the NPC should stop, and instead displays the NPC moving beyond it's waypoint at a very slow speed. If you try and attack it disappears, because it's actually not there.

Also updating the walkspeed of the NPC within the database doesn't appear to make any difference when the NPC is walking between waypoints, almost as if it has a preset unalterable speed. I ended and restarted the server to no avail.

Anyone know if these could be issues with my setup, or they just pre-release 'features' of EQEmu ? I don't think it's bandwidth, my ping is fine. I set the "datarate.txt" file from 5.0 to 8.0.

Using release 0.5.2 of EQEmu, running on W2k pro, with 1.4GHz AMD Athlon, 512 Mb ram. EQ client is patched and up-to-date.

Cheers for any help

DeletedUser
12-15-2003, 11:05 AM
NPC Movement will be improved in the next release it has to do with how we send the updates

tommygun
12-15-2003, 06:39 PM
ok thanks....EQEmu is obviously 'work in progress' so I didn't want to sound critical, but with so many half-finished databases and 3rd-party tools around and compatability issues with the different releases of EQEmu, it's difficult as an EQEmu newb to identify the cause of any issues (even when you're an IT pro!).

Thanks for the hard work, btw.

Shawn319
12-16-2003, 02:26 AM
Try my server and see if it looks any better. there are alot of movment/lag fixes (still not 100%, but its a lot better).