PDA

View Full Version : MW_052_053_alpha1......complete DB (released 12-15-03)

bud9weiser
12-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Updated DB with many bug fixes, added start_zones (note, wich will not work untill you have the exe's with the working code) wich will land you in front of your guild master for most race/class combo's. as well as many zone, spawn, item fixes.

http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/projecteq/mw_052_053_alpha1.zip

12-15-2003, 11:00 AM
I tried your db from a clean install. useing 0.5.2
tried to log in and got a zone crash.

world.exe reports :
Received unknown opcode: 0x02d2 size:0 bytes

hmm will play around see whats missing.

bud9weiser
12-15-2003, 11:13 AM
our db is currently running on 4 dev servers that i know run very well.

Received unknown opcode: 0x02d2 size:0 bytes

unfortunetly a unknown opcode has nothing to do with the database your running, and also is deffinetly not the couse of your problems.

12-15-2003, 11:28 AM
unfortunetly a unknown opcode has nothing to do with the database your running, and also is deffinetly not the couse of your problems.

blah well that figgues, hmm well my client works on all servers and
no way im gonna patch.
ah well back to the db drawing board clicks this one into the recycle bin.

have a nice day.

bud9weiser
12-15-2003, 02:01 PM
if you downloaded earlier tonight, download it over, thier were a few fixes added check the changelog.txt for details

12-15-2003, 02:17 PM
I will try again later I sourced in db.sql 052-update.sql and they work fine but when i try your db by itself it gives me that wierd opcode <shrug>

I have the flu so maybe i will try in the morning <sniff>

later

bud9weiser
12-15-2003, 02:33 PM
a unknown opcode happens when your client sends the server a command or packet it dosent recognize, this isnt directly asociated with the db. The update we made today had to do with objects, so it may not help your problem. If you can post as much info about your problem as you can i would be happy to help fix it, incase it is a db issue we can get it fixed so no further people have the problem, but i dont think at this moment that its the case. Let me know

theobeo92
12-15-2003, 02:44 PM
:D :D ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS THANKS

Synch
12-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Is there a convienent converter for going from one version of TCS's db to another? I am trying to migrate from 051_052_alpha1 to 052_053_alpha1 and the character_ table has changed. It seems like a reordering was done, which will cause me to have to reorder my dump data so that I can import it. This is no small feat, considering that the data is 300k. I am also hard at adding spawns for some zones, and will have to dump and possibly (haven't checked the structures yet) convert those entries as well.

Any help you could give would be most appreciated.

bud9weiser
12-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Unfortunetly no thier is not currently anything to convert the existing db, but.. you can update the table structure by hand, export the tables you want to keep, source the new db then source the data back in.