PDA

View Full Version : Re-Invention Of The Wheel (12-21-03) Fully Spawned DB *NEW*

wraithmajere
12-15-2003, 05:42 PM
At Long Last! -- Only Took A Week Of Caffeine Injections To Get This Done -)

--

Fully Spawned DB -- Compatible With 5.3 Dr2

Old_World - Revamped Zones
Kunark
Velious
Luclin
PoP
Ykesha
9 LDON Zones

--

Project Moved To MW_NPCMOV "MyWorld" Database

--

12-22-03 -- Database Has Been Merged Use Link At Bottom!

--

Missing Zones -

Mischief Plane
VexThal
Chardokb
The Rest Of The LDON Zones

--

http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11889

-- Wraith Majere

SaguratuS
12-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Very nice, feel free to upload it to my ftp for others to download - ftp.saguratus.com

Ultra
12-15-2003, 06:32 PM
Awesome.. Finaly a full db released..

Bearik
12-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Oh

My

God

wraithmajere = God

Bearik = Not worthy

Thank you!

marakeen
12-15-2003, 06:54 PM
nice work - i just tested your db. but i think you missed few zones like tov, dragon necropolis, skyshrine, ssratemple etc. i foudn no npcs in these zones.

SaguratuS
12-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Well, it's a definate approvement over the original DB, and implementing NPCs into those zones shouldn't prove to be that big of a task. Very nice job wraithmajere - have you considered doing your own DB? (TCS's DB is nice, but lacking accuracy in many zones)

wraithmajere
12-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Aye, missed a couple. Going to get my druid friend to help me out a bit in the other zones. ATM, can only get the zones I can physically get to on live-eq w/o dying hehe. -- 1 zone for sure "fungusgrove" has the wrong shortname, im going to fix that, its an easy fix, will let everyone know when i collect the extra zones, and fix fungus -) not sure what else is wrong, but its a work in progress hehe -) alot of the races/classes/hps/sizes etc.. are off, but at least the names/levels of mobs are correct and the spawn placements.

-any critisizm is appreciated, just trying to do the impossible i guess -)

Conan
12-16-2003, 01:30 AM
I too have this problem with world converter. The level and name of mob is all good but some races as well as hps are off. Since I am running a semi legit server, all my pop mobs are quite stronger that worldconverter created them, with =) Will be trying to release a full database with most of the races fixed and the hps buffed up some =)

Great work none the less. =)

einar_fry1980
12-16-2003, 01:41 AM
I can't seem to extract the files from the RAR .. it says the .sql file is corrupt .. any ideas?

Thanks.

Trumpcard
12-16-2003, 02:59 AM
Worldconverter just places them for you, its up to you to adjust the mobs to taste.

Doing the mob placement is the really long and drawn out part, changing the base npc type information should be a breeze...

haecz
12-16-2003, 04:59 AM
great job mate :D
big thumbs up! :]

DeletedUser
12-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Aye, missed a couple. Going to get my druid friend to help me out a bit in the other zones. ATM, can only get the zones I can physically get to on live-eq w/o dying hehe. -- 1 zone for sure "fungusgrove" has the wrong shortname, im going to fix that, its an easy fix, will let everyone know when i collect the extra zones, and fix fungus -) not sure what else is wrong, but its a work in progress hehe -) alot of the races/classes/hps/sizes etc.. are off, but at least the names/levels of mobs are correct and the spawn placements.

-any critisizm is appreciated, just trying to do the impossible i guess -)

I can help you get any/every zone.. just tell me what I need to do.

a_Guest03
12-16-2003, 08:51 AM
I forgot about that, Dark. Go grab us time during a raid :) See if you can't get seq snapshots of the mobs as they come. If you could piece together how it happened, we could recreate time encounters.

Conan
12-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Anyone know where to get map files for myseq? I have what they start with but its missing time earthb

Tertiary
12-16-2003, 11:11 AM
its missing time earthb

Just did a search in the Myseq forums, maybe this is what you are after:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3552&highlight=earth

wraithmajere
12-17-2003, 01:43 PM
-- Re-Constructed The Whole DB -- MANY Fixes, -) Lemme Know What Ya Think!

Make Sure You Download The Newest Archive, Same File-Name Just Re-Download It....

Drop Database Eq;
Create Database Eq;
Source Rib-Public.sql;

All Done -) Its That Easy!

Fully Tested With 5.3 DR1

-- All Tables Converted To Db.sql 5.0 -- And Using The Latest DumpedItems.sql

Quarm Awaits You!

SaguratuS
12-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the quick updates! Your DB will most likely be superior to any other public database available if it isn't already.

Kolo
12-17-2003, 11:20 PM
ftp sites down or something? looking for this DB, send me a PM if you have it or can upload it to my server

wraithmajere
12-17-2003, 11:40 PM
===============================================

--12-18-03 -- 8 New LDON Zones Added -- MIRE , MMCA , MMCC, MMCE, MMCF, MMCH, MMCI, MMCJ

-Currently In Progress Of Creating Faction For ALL Npcs, And Default Random Loot, Based On Mobs Levels

-Strategy Is To Have Mobs 1-10 , 20-30 , 40-50 , 50-60 , 61-99 -- drop loot that players would use at those levels

-If You Have Any Ideas Of The "Names" Of Loot That Should Be Added In The Randomizer, Please Reply To This Topic

-With The Name And Level Of Item You Would Like Added, To The Mob Default Random Loot, Please Include Both Level Of Player And NPC.

===============================================

^^Just An Idea That I'd Like To Implement^^

Drop Database Eq;
Create Database Eq;
Source Rib-NewLDONPub.sql;

-- Are Ldon Combine Fountains Implemented? If So How Do You Summon / Spawn Them? Hehe -- That And The LDON Recruitment Camps Are Missing The Tents , Crates / Boxes Etc... Not Sure If Its Even Implemented Yet, But Would Hope Its Possible -) That And Augmenting Items -)

Anyhow, Will Add More Data, As I Get It -) Enjoy!

SaguratuS
12-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Very nice, although I did notice that there were many NPC's with the default models which were working before - one example is in the Nexus. This is with the 12/17 release, have yet to check the 12/18.

wraithmajere
12-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Hrm Your Right, Going To Get That Fixed In Next Update -) Thx For Informing Me, Any Other Zones You Find Messed Up, Just Lemme Know And Will Do My Best To Correct Them -)

cbarnes
12-18-2003, 03:32 AM
PoK stones do not work --
AA's dont seem to work either --

noticed a couple zones are not populated, but I think they've been mentioned -- Vex Thal is empty.

Bearik
12-18-2003, 05:23 AM
PoK portals dont work

Lots of NPCs are using the default material (IE Steamfont guards have
no armor)

Low level mobs are hitting for 300+dmg (I see most mobs have min 0
max 400 in the npctypes table)

Some weapons are messed up, dont see why it doesnt do this with other DBs but like the warrior epics are using archery as a skill.

Thats all the bugs I can think of off the top of my head. Its a nicely populated DB but its way too buggy to be playable ATM.

Synch
12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Just a few things I saw:

King Tormax no longer spawned correctly in Kael. His name is there, floating above the lower right side of the throne, but no tormax to be seen.

Rallos Zek no longer standing on his ledge in potactics.

More to come as I journey around the place. Nice work by the way. This db is EXCELLENT.

*EDIT*
The 12 are on instant respawn. Might wanna check that.
The golems in poearth a are wrong. The textures are wrong.
Port in poearth a takes you to skyshrine instead of poearthb.
Ports in potimeb drop you through the zone.

More later if you wish.

rockocool
12-18-2003, 09:04 AM
#repop command crash the zone for me while using this db, the zone window instantly disappeared. It doesnt even reboot the lost zone. Anybody has similar problem or it's just me? I can use the command fine with another database. On the other hand, #npcspawn delete will crash zone for my other database, but in this db it works. weird.

Synch
12-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Another problem I'm noticing that is specific to this DB is that none of the AA skills are purchasable or work. When I checked the altadv_vars table, there were two entries for each skill. This is not right, so I removed one of each of the entries. The skills still do not work. I will try importing the AA info from TCSs db (which does work) and seeing if that fixes the problem.

wraithmajere
12-18-2003, 01:49 PM
--12-18-03 -- *Update* - Converted To 52_53 Tables, Fixed AA's , Zones: Nexus , Steamfont , PoKnowLedge , And A Few Of The Other City Type Zones, Have Been Converted, Most, But Not All Genders/Textures Have Been Fixed. Items That May Of Been Bugged In Last Version, Might Also Be Fixed Now.

Let Me Know What Else You Notice Wrong, And Will Make An Attempt At Fixing -)

Still Looking For Min/Max Dmg Formulas Based On Level , And Next Project Will Be To Fix The Respawn Rates, Factions, Loots, Or All Npcs -- Not Necessarily In That Order lol ) -- But Giving It A Shot.

Drop Database Eq;
Create Database Eq;
Source Rib-Public-121803.sql;

-wraithmajere

Djani
12-18-2003, 03:10 PM
This is fantastic wraithmajere, your speed in updates and fixes are amazing and welcomed.

SaguratuS
12-18-2003, 05:08 PM
haha, wow, you need to talk to the dev's and get an "official database creator" position.

wraithmajere
12-18-2003, 05:09 PM
-12-18-03-

Last Update Had Problems Still, All Fixed Now -)

-zone_server table was missing - *fixed*

Rib-Public-121803.sql -- (dumped w/ MySQL-Front)

^^ - Updated File, Check To Make Sure You Have The Newest

Or

Re-Download -)

Drop Database eq;
Create Database eq;
Source Rib-Public-121803.sql;

- Hopefully This Solves Any Problems You May Of Had!

nadineemu
12-18-2003, 09:55 PM
This database is well cool, my heartiest congrats!! though my complaints

The sleeper is missing :( he was there on my other dbs, and i know i can manually spawn him, but getting him right is hard. plus i notice is shows all the traps/command triggers as NPC's not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

for instance, in the sleepers tomb, in the room where the Keyrafrm spawns, there are the 4 dragon ancients, a couple of other mobs, which i not seen before, and then another npc called 'areadead'

persumably this is the trigger to make Keyrafrm spawn, so i thought i would try killing this trigger lol, nothing happened /sigh

Only other complaint is that all the respawn counters are 0, so something repops as soon as it is killed. mind you i suppose no one will ever fight over camps lol, u could just camp a single mob and have done! lol

Anyway, and excellent database, look forward to seeing it improve.

cybermax
12-19-2003, 04:48 AM
Hmm.. any quick way to change the "instaspawn" mobs? As it is now, they all insta spawn upon death, and none of them xept the bazaar npcs have any faction message from killing them.

Since there is no faction, there is no aggro, but i still would like the mobs not to instaspawn tho..

wraithmajere
12-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Project Moved To The Wy World Db Team, Next Official Release Should Fix / Solve These Issues With The Insta Spawn. As Far As Faction And Such, Its In The Works -)

- All I Can Say Atm, But Stay Tuned -) The Fixes Are Coming Neo!

- There Is No Spoon.

12-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Project Moved To The Wy World Db Team, Next Official Release Should Fix / Solve These Issues With The Insta Spawn. As Far As Faction And Such, Its In The Works -)

- All I Can Say Atm, But Stay Tuned -) The Fixes Are Coming Neo!

- There Is No Spoon.

Does this team have a web site ? I never heard of it.
just curious how you guys discuss and build your DB.

rockocool
12-19-2003, 08:11 AM
The instant respawn issue sounds so easy to me, say your db name is eq. and you want all npcs to spawn with a timer of 500. now go to mysql, do a

update eq.spawn2 set respawntime=500 where respawntime=0;

Unless you want to set different respawn time for different NPC, then it will take quite a bit of work.

For faction, you cant do a one query for all. You have to set the column faction right in table npc_type. That involves quite some work to set every npc to the right faction. You can do it relatively easy by run a set of queries for each NPC type (classified by race and texture) that have a faction ID, then you are done. Let's say, for example, the bear in everforst has a npc_faction_id of 3965, and you know bear's race is 43, and texture for polar bear is 2. Then you could do a

update eq.npc_type set npc_faction_id=3965 where race=43 and texture=2;

then woola, all polar bears have their faction now (unless in the database the texture was set wrong, for example, the current db the polar bear in everforst has texture of 0 instead of the correct number 2, and helmtexture of 0 instead of 2).

Another way to do this by feel is use their name, that's even more staightforward. for example, do this:

update eq.npc_type set npc_faction_id=3965 where name LIKE 'a_polar_bear%';

Hmm.. any quick way to change the "instaspawn" mobs? As it is now, they all insta spawn upon death, and none of them xept the bazaar npcs have any faction message from killing them.

Since there is no faction, there is no aggro, but i still would like the mobs not to instaspawn tho..

wraithmajere
12-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Quote From TcsMyWorld:

"The Team for the MW DB is always looking for people to help complete/correct our DB.
There is usually always someone in the irc channel (irc.eqemulator.net channel- #npcmovDB), where we meet and decide who will work on which parts of the DB.
Anyone wanting to help, just stop by and ask what you can do, I'm sure we can find something"

-- This Is The TCS MW Database

rockocool
12-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Have you guys merged with MW db team? that would be so cool! I would love to see a fully populated world with mobs moving!

Quote From TcsMyWorld:

"The Team for the MW DB is always looking for people to help complete/correct our DB.
There is usually always someone in the irc channel (irc.eqemulator.net channel- #npcmovDB), where we meet and decide who will work on which parts of the DB.
Anyone wanting to help, just stop by and ask what you can do, I'm sure we can find something"

Synch
12-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Will we still see the same rapid rate of release that we have thusly enjoyed with you, or will you move to a slower release rate?

I ask because I fiend for your new db releases. =)

Shawn319
12-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Have you guys merged with MW db team? that would be so cool! I would love to see a fully populated world with mobs moving!

Quote From TcsMyWorld:

Yes we are all working together now and hopefully will eventually release a fully functional, complete database under a single name.

ps. resistance is futile

wraithmajere
12-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Thank You All, For All The Support You've Given Me.

I, Like The Rest Of You, Had A Vision That One Day We Would Have A Fully Spawned DB, And That Vision Is Starting To Come True, It Takes Alot Of Work, But We Will Be Working As A Team Now On This. The Updates Won't Be As Rapid, But I Can Asure You, The Database Will Work Alot Better, And Be More Complete. We Will Be Able To Add More Content This Way, But It Will Take Tons Of Testing Etc, So Will Be A Little Slower On Updates, But At Least When A New Version IS Released, You Will/Should Be Able To Notice The Difference, And Know That We're Using The Latest Tested Source, And DB Tables, And Newest Items Etc.

-Wraith Majere

DataMan4971
12-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Why Are You Writing Like This??

I.E. Capital on Every Word. :roll: just wondering

wraithmajere
12-19-2003, 04:43 PM
lol sorry -) don't shoot!

Just a habbit I guess. Will Try To Break The Habbit... doh did it again.

/shrug

Synch
12-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Perhaps public betas of the db would be a good idea? More eyes looking = more bugs found. This is a central tenant of open source software development.

The release early/release often strategy helps maintain interest in your project (not that you have a particular problem in this area) and helps the userbase feel as though progress is being made.

Just relaying some observations from my own experience. =)

Shawn319
12-19-2003, 06:39 PM
There will still be regular releases hehe.. we do however have a short process of internal testing/tweaking/optimizing before there will be a release.

The best way to help is just download the latest publicly availble version, source it in and give feedback.

jardar
12-19-2003, 07:41 PM
anyway you can fix can v for shamans? does nothing when you click the hot key for it. also noticed when i was bot and zoning to cy, it zoned me into corair's reefs instead haha. also if there anything i can do to help with the spawns, i have three level 65 toons on eqlive and have access to vex thal. one pop flag away from having elemental access.

Bigpull
12-20-2003, 03:10 AM
Cani V, thats an AA isn't it. Make sure it's listed in the AA info thread and someone will get to it.

yoyu007
12-20-2003, 06:40 PM
can;t downlaod

wraithmajere
12-20-2003, 07:37 PM
I changed the filename to make it a little more browser friendly.

-- New link is on main topic post.

-Wraith Majere

jardar
12-21-2003, 05:27 AM
also on monks rapid feign only lets you train one point into it, should be able to get rapid fain 3. this db rocks, hope you put out a updated and improved one soon, enjoying having mobs in every zone. thank you for the good work.

Fleyhum
12-21-2003, 09:29 AM
I have a strange problem maybe someone can help.I download the file when i do its 3.51mb it shows on desktop as 3.51 but after i unzip it theres nothing in it but a readme file thats 3kb so wheres the rest of my file hideing?any suggestions

Synch
12-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Make sure you're using WinRAR instead of WinACE to decompress it. WinACE will make the sql file disappear for some reason. Downloading the latest WinRAR fixes that problem.

Hope that helps.

wraithmajere
12-21-2003, 06:24 PM
QUOTE FROM Bud9Wieser:

Topic Link:

http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11889

"This release includes so many updates and fixes that i cant even begin to remember what all was intaled. Check Changelog for notes. Thanks to the MW team.
You will however notice that most zones are at leased populated, we will now begin work on faction and loot for the added spawns, and many other bug fixes.

Note: This release is intended for 5.2 and 5.3dr1 (5.3dr2 works but you will loose caracter information) dont say i didnt warn you.

http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/projecteq/mw_052_053_alpha2.zip Complete
http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/projecteq/mw_052_053_alpha2_upgrade.zip Upgrade (keeps your bugs petitions guilds caracters variables and some other things)
Reminder WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSABILITY FOR DATA LOSS WITH 053dr2 for your caracters!"

Have Fun,

-Wraith Majere

Fleyhum
12-21-2003, 06:29 PM
thanks synch that was problem was using winace and it always poofed hehe winrar works fine