PDA

View Full Version : TCS MW Database's call to the public

bud9weiser
12-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Ok folks, i hear critisizm, complaints, griped and groans about our db project about acuracy, bugs, things not working ect.. but i never see any posts or replies saying "hey this in this zone isnt working" becouse of this i ask for your help. please download the newest db (posted on this forum) test it out, and reply with bugs corrections or additions you would like to see. Also be on the lookout for many new zone additions as we have been working hard to produce them. More news soon, please dont be shy, the more feedback we get the more we can get fixed, we cant catch them all.

12-18-2003, 01:33 PM
well im not able to get your database to load up
im able to get the db.sql and the rib-public db to load fine
useing a clean db <shrug> i hear it's not a bug butwho knows
i do know the start zones are different hmm

bud9weiser
12-18-2003, 02:15 PM
yes start_zones is differant, as it works with some code that "should" be going public soon. if you can post the errors you get, and your ini files with as much info as you can, as i said in another forum i would be happy to help you get it working

GidonoTZ
12-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I've been using the MW_52_53 database for a few days now.

Here is what I sourced and am currently running.

db.sql
0.5.2-Update.sql
mw_052_053_alpha1.sql

I've encountered a few problems and they are random.

1. Zones crashing while in them. #zonebootup on these particular zones doesn't work as it tells me that the certain zone doesn't exist (yes I checked the zone id# and also gave the shortname of the zone). Then I have to move the character out of the zone via GM commands.

2. As I'm watching world.exe, seeing people trying to log in and certain zones not booting up (plenty of zone servers running per amount of people logged in). World.exe usually reports that start_zones not found when this happens and then I see client disconnects, they log in on another character and report that the zone they are trying to log into is down.. It has happened to me as well trying to log in sometimes. It will say the zone is unavailable when plenty of zone servers are up and running and sleeping. So I start up another character and move the other character out of the zone, so I get curious and #zone to the zone that was unavailable and it zones me over and boots up just fine. Weird.

And heres some misc errors I recieved

[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
opcode: 0x01ca, size: 4

[Error] Warning: Invalid PlayerAA_Struct size found in database

This error might be the reason why my SK can't train some some PoP AA abilities.

I'll post more bugs as I find them.

bud9weiser
12-18-2003, 04:48 PM
MW_ is a full db, you dont source the db.sql, just create a fresh db and source our sql and youll fix many of your issues

bud9weiser
12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
also[Error] Warning: Invalid PlayerAA_Struct size found in database
is unrelated to sk's skills, most pop aa skills havent been implimented into the code. theirfore dont work. as well as a couple others. Invalid playeraa_struct is present in every db i have ever tested. start_zones errors are due to a snipped of code not being live yet, this only effects where caracters start when first created and wont effect connection.

GidonoTZ
12-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Ok created new database and moved over existing accounts and inventory items into new db after I source only the MW db. Now I'm having problems with zones such as qeynos with doors out in the middle of no where and no doors on buildings, also I can't seem to zone over to north qeynos from south qeynos. Didn't test north to south. And also on the dock in south qeynos when you port in from #zone qeynos there is a huge pile of mobs right on top of each other.
This might be because I moved over accounts and etc.. I don't know. I'll try a fresh install tomorrow and see what I come up with.

rockocool
12-18-2003, 09:13 PM
I have been using tcs's MW db most of the time, and I would say it is a great great database. I love seeing mobs busy moving around in this world, considering it is already a lonely world with very few players online normally (I image it is especially so for those personal LAN server onwers. to have something moving around made the game a lot more vivid). And I would love to see more zones have this feature.

Now as you wish, I would report bugs or misplaced NPCs to make this database better.

First , for misplaced NPCs, So far I havent been to many Zones, there are quite a few zones with apparently misplaced NPCs. They were placed outside of zone teritory, so they instead will appear near the zone line, but are not attackable, and will make player's spell button go grey if someone cast spells on them. I usually call these misplaced NPCs ghost NPC. They are very annoying for people who do not know they are ghosts, especially they appear right after you zone into a new zone. It is very bad because it give you the immediate impress of "Oh, this database is bugged".

So as one step to improve the DB, I would say it is a very important step to have misplaced NPCs got their coordinate corrected so they can re-enter the world live. or, if too much work, simply delete them. Unfortunately, the command #npcspawn delete or #npcspawn remove will crash zone if I use them on my server, so I wasnt able to do it in game.

Some of these zones are, to name a few, Befallen, Permafrost, mistmoore. They all have a pack of ghosts stack together at the entrance.

Also in Oasis, those deepwater goblins have wrong z point, so they appear in the sky. So does the boat.

Also sometimes notice you can get a ghost pet when you place a pet casting NPC too close to a wall, he may then cast his pet outside of the zone teritory, thus it becomes ghost NPC pet. For example, those pets at entrance of mistmoore. And a shadowknight pet in befallen entrance. I took some time to located the Sk who cast this pet, and readjusted his position, do a repop, and the pet now will apear at the correct position.

Another way to check misplaced NPCs might be to use eqadmin. Sometimes you can see clearly from the map there are dots (NPCs) placed too far away from the teritory. One need to be careful using this approach, since the map sometimes doesnt draw all the rooms. so for those NPCs appears out of boundary, many are actually in rooms not draw on the map, only very few of them are real ghost NPC.

As of other bugs, I cant remember, but if there is any I have met, I consider them less bothering than the misplaced NPCs.

As of the moving NPCs, there is a BIG problem for me, that they seems to have some "momentum" on their track. So if you follow one such moving mob, after it reached one waypoint, instead of stop or move towards the next waypoint, it still moves in the original direction in a slower speed, then after a little while it will disappear, but its color ring will still be there if you have already targeted it. And after a while, all of a sudden the ring will reappear on the way to its next waypoint, and shortly after the mob reappeared too. I read a post in the forum about this about a week ago, and it says only someone experienced this (like i do), some people dont. Or maybe it will be fixed in next release, or something. I cant remember exactly. So may i ask the MW db team is this a database problem or it is the cserver problem? In either case, how should I solve it to make the NPCs moving more smoother rathering than bumping around abruptly around waypoints? Do you guys also see this problem or it is just me?

That's what I can remember for now, I will report more issues with this database if I recall any or find anything.

Again, many thanks to the tcs MW db team to make this possible, I am looking forward to more updates with more zones on the move!

12-19-2003, 01:42 AM
yes start_zones is differant, as it works with some code that "should" be going public soon. if you can post the errors you get, and your ini files with as much info as you can, as i said in another forum i would be happy to help you get it working

Basicly it loads up fine with no errors in world.exe or zone.exe
im able to create a char and then the zones won't load they crash..
i tried to replace the zones with the zone in db.sql but it didn't work.
im guessing this release only works with 53. im useing 52..

Trumpcard
12-19-2003, 01:47 AM
The 'outside' NPC's could be really easy to track down. I'd just create a configuration file that defined zone boundaries in x/y, then a parser that searched through the table looking for values that exceeded the limits. That would give you a simple list of what zones have mobs too far out on the fringe and you could fix them one by one...

befallen 1000 1000 -1000 -1000

for instance.. look for x/y's greater than 1000 and less than -1000..

A shell script could parse that out in seconds from the database and return you a list of npcs id's that needed to be corrected, or you could modify the script to automaticlly move them within the boundary limits...

12-19-2003, 01:48 AM
The version that works with 5.0 is great and looks like a lot of work went into it. 2 thumbs up on that one.
of course the spells were broken 5.0 or i would would still be playing with it.
this new version i hear has mobs that move/pathing and im pretty excited about getting it working but as of yet im still learning how to modify database's with MYSQL so it's a slow process.
i will probbly have to wait for 5.3 to be released but im in no hurry
got plenty of time.

GidonoTZ
12-19-2003, 04:06 AM
Started a fresh new database without moving any accounts and etc from previous database. Looks like all mobs and etc... are in correct places now. I'll post bugs as I come across them today.

Bugs:

1. Client froze zoning from Qeynos to Qeynos2. No lag issues as I'm running the server.

Zone server qeynos reported this.

[Error] Warning: Invalid PlayerAA_Struct size found in database
[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
opcode: 0x01ca, size: 4
[Status] WARNING: Closest zone point for qeynos2 is 682.748596, you might need t
o update your zone_points table if you dont arrive at the right spot.
[Status] Zoning 'Jonbob' to: qeynos2 (2) x=590.000000, y=-76.000000, z=351.00000
Client linkdead: Jonbob
Client disconnected (cs=d): Jonbob
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=192.168.1.1, port=1132
[Status] Zone Shutdown: qeynos (1)

2. #zone eastwastes and greatdivide will have you fall to your death even with levitation on. As you zone over with levivation in your buff window it says you can no longer levitate and drops you from the sky but levitation buff stays in the buff window. Here is what eastwastes, greatdivide zone servers said before loading up and falling to my death. #gm on and #invul on did not stop me from dieing upon falling death.

[Status] Zoning 'Jonbob' to: eastwastes (116) x=4296.000000, y=-5049.000000, z=1

[Status] Zoning 'Jonbob' to: greatdivide (118) x=3652.000000, y=-3769.000000, z=

Thats all I have found so far.

rockocool
12-19-2003, 10:58 AM
But very often these misplaced NPCs are between walls. :( Only very few are placed very far away from the main teritory which could be easily tracked down like you described.

The 'outside' NPC's could be really easy to track down. I'd just create a configuration file that defined zone boundaries in x/y, then a parser that searched through the table looking for values that exceeded the limits. That would give you a simple list of what zones have mobs too far out on the fringe and you could fix them one by one...

befallen 1000 1000 -1000 -1000

for instance.. look for x/y's greater than 1000 and less than -1000..

A shell script could parse that out in seconds from the database and return you a list of npcs id's that needed to be corrected, or you could modify the script to automaticlly move them within the boundary limits...

Trumpcard
12-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Only very few are placed very far away from the main teritory which could be easily tracked down like you described

You didnt make that very clear in your first post..

In that case you'd need to tie the parser to the .map files.. Look for mobs within a certain distance and offset them...

tcsmyworld
12-19-2003, 11:32 AM
sdabbs: do you have a quests folder in your emu directory , if so just for kicks , rename it , or remove it and try running it again.

12-19-2003, 12:09 PM
sdabbs: do you have a quests folder in your emu directory , if so just for kicks , rename it , or remove it and try running it again.

yes that worked perfect...i do apologise.

tcsmyworld
12-19-2003, 12:31 PM
NP sdabbs, there was a problem with quest code a little while back.
Quests are working again , I believe, in the 5.3 versions , be patient , we're getting there :)

krich
12-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Only very few are placed very far away from the main teritory which could be easily tracked down like you described

You didnt make that very clear in your first post..

In that case you'd need to tie the parser to the .map files.. Look for mobs within a certain distance and offset them...

Or you could use ShowEq to track down those outliers. There are not that many and can usually be fixed by hand. There is an effort in the database team to clean these guys up.

Regards,

krich

Aggie1
12-19-2003, 02:17 PM
Using your 052 DB and it is working wonderfully. I edited the DB on a whim and gave my mage his epic pet with 50,000hps and min max hit of 250 500! :lol:

Only problem is in all zones, all pets are coming up Humans in Plate armor. No pet models. Don't know if this is database or my problem but is only one of two issues i've seen so far. Also, mobs don't seem to move around the zone. that is also probably my fault (not turning something on) so i'm back into the forumns to hunt for an answer.

my .02cents. Fine job!

bud9weiser
12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Zone movement hasent been implimented in many places yet, that will come after everything else is done

Synch
12-19-2003, 06:14 PM
How can I help?

My qualifications: I can use FQAdmin, know enough SQL not to screw up and drop a table or db by accident (along with owning a few SQL books and having done some cgi in perl and PHP) and like EQ (outside of Sony's Customer Support).

I logged into the irc channel tonight and there was no one else on... or I screwed that up somehow. Sad really. I haven't used IRC in so long I forget how to do so, especially since I didn't use the BitchX client much.

Lemme know what I can help with.

bud9weiser
12-20-2003, 05:14 AM
irc.eqemulator.net
channel #npcmovdb
Sometimes its quiet as were not all up 24/7 but thier is always people thier. If you or anyone wishes to give support or help to our little project please feel free to hang out, you might just learn something =o)