PDA

View Full Version : Anyway I could help with DB Creation

DataMan4971
12-19-2003, 04:11 AM
Is there anyway at all I could help with making the database, anyone? I want to help.

haecz
12-19-2003, 04:14 AM
the devs dont give out the DR-db, and just tinkering with the
official db might be of no use, since devs might not even
let your stuff into their db,..
i donno, but if you prove that you are a skilled coder
they might consider to let you help them out ;)

DataMan4971
12-19-2003, 04:17 AM
I don't really know about coding, but I am good with EQEmu, I know a lot of places in EQ, I got some high level friends in EQLive who could help with writing down spawns or something, I'm eager for this.

haecz
12-19-2003, 04:21 AM
well, if they want they could always help with Packetcollecting,,,
that is really needed,, for AA's and such,,

but if you do not know much about coding, the db might not be
the thing you can help out with.. ;)

you can always help other people in the forums with
what you know...

GL bro :P

a_Guest03
12-19-2003, 04:49 AM
If you can go many places, packetcollecting is the way to go. Here's the problem, though...

Packetcollector broke 12/18/03. It will stay broken for a long time. Keep your eyes peeled for when it's announced that it works again.

Trumpcard
12-19-2003, 05:51 AM
The DEV"s dont own any of the databases, we just work on code.

Creating databases is up to the world builder groups. We just create the template db.sql that is needed for a base install, so it's not a matter of us creating databases.

Thats your job

haecz
12-19-2003, 05:56 AM
Trumpcard, i ment that if he gets his db done and all that,
it wont be merged with the original 'official' db.[/quote]

tcsmyworld
12-19-2003, 06:05 AM
The Team for the MW DB is always looking for people to help complete/correct our DB.
There is usually always someone in the irc channel (irc.eqemulator.net channel- #npcmovDB), where we meet and decide who will work on which parts of the DB.
Anyone wanting to help, just stop by and ask what you can do, I'm sure we can find something :)

12-19-2003, 06:34 AM
The Team for the MW DB is always looking for people to help complete/correct our DB.
There is usually always someone in the irc channel (irc.eqemulator.net channel- #npcmovDB), where we meet and decide who will work on which parts of the DB.
Anyone wanting to help, just stop by and ask what you can do, I'm sure we can find something :)

I just checked your website is has nothing but the old 4.4 DB on it , hehe guess it's not as updated as the fourms but then i only check it out every now and then.

tcsmyworld
12-19-2003, 09:18 AM
We have a CVS set up , with the DB broken down into tables.

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=92564

Log in to the irc channel to find out how to submit changes/fixes (irc.eqemulator.net channel= #npcmovDB).

Scorpious2k
12-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Packetcollector broke 12/18/03. It will stay broken for a long time.

You know, I forgot about that. Attention devs: maybe this would be useful? http://www.networkactiv.com/PIAFCTM.html I find it useful at times.

DataMan4971
12-20-2003, 08:50 AM
Ouch Scorpius I got popuped by a captain picking up girls and f-ing them in all holes, lol, couldent find site.