PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Doesn't Work

Accio
12-21-2003, 02:17 AM
I've done searches but i havent gotten one piece of info. real eq worked fine before i started eqemu and now about 2 weeks later i try it again and it says the client may have crashed and it said it about 10 times for the 10 times i tried. i pay for EQ and i am PO'ed. if it is eqemu thats causing this or eqemu running files then i want help. im just sayin that i pay for eq and for it not to work cuz eqemu runs off of it is getting me annoyed. i would like an explanation why if anyone knows.

12-21-2003, 03:28 AM
I've done searches but i havent gotten one piece of info. real eq worked fine before i started eqemu and now about 2 weeks later i try it again and it says the client may have crashed and it said it about 10 times for the 10 times i tried. i pay for EQ and i am PO'ed. if it is eqemu thats causing this or eqemu running files then i want help. im just sayin that i pay for eq and for it not to work cuz eqemu runs off of it is getting me annoyed. i would like an explanation why if anyone knows.

it clearly states that eq is broke with the current patch
it works fine with eq before 12/18 im sure the dev team is working hard for a fix because the packet collector is broke also.
gonna take a few weeks if not months to get it fixed i hear.
because it was a huge update, just wait nobody gets paid to work on this project. this is just my comment im sure they will tell us a predected date or maybe not but it's still fun to look at the code and figgure out how everything works.

Accio
12-21-2003, 03:32 AM
nah real everquest. emulator doesnt work and thats alright but in the mean time i would like to play real everquest and that aint working. i am curious to know if it has to do with eqmulator breaking because it runs off of that. im reinstalling EQ right now and deleted emulator. once eq works i will wait till eqmulator works again

12-21-2003, 04:01 AM
nah real everquest. emulator doesnt work and thats alright but in the mean time i would like to play real everquest and that aint working. i am curious to know if it has to do with eqmulator breaking because it runs off of that. im reinstalling EQ right now and deleted emulator. once eq works i will wait till eqmulator works again

just because you can;t get it to work dont mean it dont work
when you first log in the web page look up!!! 21 servers up and 54 people are playing as I post this.
i's say it's your client thats the problem.

mattmeck
12-21-2003, 04:40 AM
sdabbs please read peoples posts befor you flame them, he stated it is EQ Live he cant get to work not EQEMU.

Accio Have run the patcher befor trying to play live? Concidering all you do to get onto the EMU is change your EQHost file and that gets fixxed when you run the patcher you cant lay the blame on the EMU. You may also need to reinstall EQ, or reinstall directX or some drivers. check out EQ's forums and trouble shouting guides too, this is a very common error with live.

vidgameboy
12-21-2003, 05:26 AM
alright ill give it a shot. if i still have sum problems i will post back. thanx alot man.

Shawn319
12-21-2003, 09:13 AM
EQEmu does nothing to alter EverQuest in any way. The only change that is (or should be) made is that of eqhost.txt. If you run the patcher every time you play EQLive (as you should) then you should have no problems what so ever. If you do, feel free to bitch at sony.

http://www.everquestlive.com