PDA

View Full Version : Which way should I go?

Myra
12-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, I have 14 out of 25 of the PoP zones done. By done I mean populated with loot and merchants with inventory. As I see it, I have three choices.

1) release the 14 and then the rest later

2) wait untill all of PoP is done and then release

3) forget it since no one wants the DB I'm putting together

Looking for some input. Thanks. :D

Tertiary
12-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Hi Myra,

I would say:

1) release the 14 and then the rest later

:)

mwmdragon
12-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Make the database out of the box friendly and then release it with the pop zones you have done...

Fixing the zone lines and spawn zones would be great to :)

They are kind messed up in my Mishmash of a database.

Also get the boats working correctly and that would be a huge step in any database.

I am looking forward to your Database. I know you must have more time than me to work on it, as I have no time to work on the one I released.

Get your database user friendly by backing up the version you play on. If you need to know the SQL command let me know.

mattmeck
12-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Totaly up to you, By putting out what you have done it will give people a chance to test it for bugs, or stuff you missed. But at the same time rember there are a lot of people who will complain about it not being done( the same people who complain about everything else).

SO if you do decide to put it out now, just take my old Noobkiller sword and defend yourself with a vengence. :twisted:

Arastiroth
12-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Whatever you do not #3 for sure! I love your DB right now from what I've seen of it (can't run EQemu right now, but that's another story). I've looked at yours a bit and like it a lot, so I'm looking forward to any new releases you may do. =)

As for your question, if it's going to take you a while to set it up to let people look at it, then I say just finish the PoP zones first. At the same time, if it's going to take you a long time to finish the rest of the PoP zones, you may want to release what you have now,. That way people can test things out while you're working on the other zones.

Btw, you're doing a great job!!

rockocool
12-22-2003, 09:59 AM
I prefer 1st! I like the spawns in telmet's db (because of the properly set HPs, dmgs, loots, factions etc), and you did a great job converting them to 5.x format and merged with Drawde's. If you could have the planes populated, and keep improving it based on people's input, it would be a very attractive db.