PDA

View Full Version : platform zoning

sandy
12-25-2003, 04:42 AM
how can i build a platform that make us teleporting to another zone or area when walking on it ?
like the one in nexus that tp us to shadowhaven ?
it's because i'm trying to build the different tps in bastion of thunder =)

12-25-2003, 08:26 AM
how can i build a platform that make us teleporting to another zone or area when walking on it ?
like the one in nexus that tp us to shadowhaven ?
it's because i'm trying to build the different tps in bastion of thunder =)

thats just a trick it's actually just a zonepoint
the pok books are objects that teleport you when you click them tho and you should be able to use something like that for what your wanting to do.

sandy
12-25-2003, 01:25 PM
but I know how to do a pok book =) it's in fact a door with a book model ... It's like everything you have to click on ^^ There is things like that in Bastion of Thunder in the courtyard you have to click on statues to tp in a tower or in the Agnarr room ...
but to go in the courtyard from the lower lvls of bastion of thunder, there is platforms you have to run on and then they tp you there ...
how to make them work is the question
it's exactly like the example of nexus/shadowhaven i gave =)

sandy
01-04-2004, 01:05 PM
I found it alone ^^

In fact all these teleports have an id hardcoded or saved somewhere =) I don't know where exactly ? Maybe in zones cfg files ?

And you just have to create a row in the table "zone_points" for each teleport where 'number' is equal to this hardcoded id

To get these ids I think you have to get them from EQLive information that you recieve when you enter these zones, maybe with packetcollector ?

Kroeg
01-05-2004, 03:09 AM
probably just as simple as knowing the zoneid and specifying it in the zonepoints table. In zonepoints, there are a few values.. target x target y and target z.. this tells me possibly for these TP pads you speak of? I dunno, but this is where my process of thinking would lead me first.

let me know if you get this working, im curious myself

sandy
01-05-2004, 12:12 PM
yes it works very good i'm working on Bastion of Thunder and everything works perfectly now, doors, teleports, pads, space when you fall in chaoswind tower

but there is a bug, when you click on teleports in the courtyard of the towers, it shoud teleport you at 0 0 -1550, but it teleports you at something like 0 0 -1200 or something like that so you fall and take like 200 dmg =) all other teleports works perfectly it's strange

I don't find any pb in the database, and it will be strange if it would be a database pb because I took all the information directly from live, maybe it's a bug from eqemu with this kind of "doors"

another bug is that when you are running to take a teleport, at destination you keep running in the same direction so it's a bit dangerous ^^ eqemu devellopers should fix it and make us stop after a teleport =)

if you want to see I put the sql files here for example :
- doors (http://alliancekfc.webdynamit.net/eqemu/doors.txt)
- teleports (http://alliancekfc.webdynamit.net/eqemu/teleports.txt)

sandy
01-05-2004, 12:50 PM
there is another bug, all doors with opentype 57 should teleports you but they don't ...
there is only one in bothunder, it's the stone in the middle of the towers courtyard with lighning bolts on its top
it should teleport you in the room of "Kuanbyr_Hailstorm" ( the guardian of Agnarr the StormLord ) but it do nothing ( if you put 58 instead of 57 it works but it won't be the EQLive value, true value is really 57 )
what is 57 opentype ? is this opentype value implemented ?

Kroeg
01-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Thanks, I'll check this out :P