PDA

View Full Version : A Few Quick Login Questions

Astartae
01-04-2004, 02:16 PM
I noticed the sticky that said the Dec 22 patch was what eqemu is currently working with. What I want to know is what is the most recent patch eq has done? I've been on eqlive alot lately but wanted to checlivek out eqemu again. I have two eq versions, one was patched last sometime in Nov. and the other is eqlive. But I don't know when eqlive was patched last on. I am assuming it is after Dec 22 because I read a post mentioning Dec. 23.

One other thing, I have the old patched version of eq setup so that I can get in it just fine with eqemu 5.2 and miniserver. I assume that if I updated it to live I would have the same problem that I do with trying to login to one of the eqemu servers. Is that correct?

The problem I have is that I can login as far as the character selection screen (and this is with eqlive, not the Nov. patch). After I create a character and try to enter world, I get the BSOD, "You Have Been Disconnected." I read one other post on some people getting this error. It sounded like there is some bugs in the most recent eqemu code that went with the Dec 22 patch.

If all of this is correct, I guess I'll just stick with the minserver until I read that I can play eqemu with eqlive again ;-). Thanks. Keep it up!

mattmeck
01-04-2004, 02:21 PM
I noticed the sticky that said the Dec 22 patch was what eqemu is currently working with. What I want to know is what is the most recent patch eq has done? I've been on eqlive alot lately but wanted to check out eqemu again. I have to eq versions, one was patched last sometime in Nov. and the other is eqlive. But I don't know when eqlive was patched last on. I am assuming it is after Dec 22 because I read a post mentioning Dec. 23.
Dec 18'th

One other thing, I have the old patched version of eq setup so that I can get in it just fine with eqemu 5.2 and miniserver. I assume that if I updated it to live I would have the same problem that I do with trying to login to one of the eqemu servers. Is that correct?

always keep a back up.

The problem I have is that I can login as far as the character selection screen (and this is with eqlive, not the Nov. patch). After I create a character and try to enter world, I get the BSOD, "You Have Been Disconnected." I read one other post on some people getting this error. It sounded like there is some bugs in the most recent eqemu code that went with the Dec 22 patch.

If all of this is correct, I guess I'll just stick with the minserver until I read that I can play eqemu with eqlive again . Thanks. Keep it up!

there is 2 versions post 18th and pre 18th... pre 18th = not current with live....post 18th = current with live still a little buggy, fixxes coming out quick. Servers are running both (some on 1 some on the other) choice is yours :D