PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a ln set up

revolt
01-04-2004, 10:52 PM
I followed all the steps that Mohaa post here http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5198
But im unalbe to setup a database with the mysql program. When i right mouse click on the database menu only flush commands come up. And when i use the mysql.exe i get a message about @localhost. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm also curious to know which server runs velious with all its zones. I'm working on a NWN module based on the velious expansion and realy would like to be able to run though all the zones with little consern for characers safety.

Muuss
01-04-2004, 10:57 PM
It would be more easy to help if you could post the error message(s) you're getting from mysql.

revolt
01-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Ok, first off all i get when right mouse clicking on the database area is the following: Flush Host/ Flush logs/ Flush tables/ flush threads. So i tried using MySQL.exe. with the lines:
create database eq <enter>
use eq <enter>
source db.sql; <enter>

and i get this
ERROR 1064: you have an error in your syntax near 'use eq source db.sql' at line 2

If i jsut try
create database eq; <enter>

i get
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'eq'

Does this help?

mattmeck
01-05-2004, 01:24 AM
3. From the MySQL bin directory run/open "Winmysqladmin.exe"
It will ask you for a username / password ( Choose a username / password that you will be able to remember)
Do not give the password out to anyone for any reason because with this,
anyone can log into your mySQL database and change your data.

your entering the username / password wrong. there is a lot of threads covering this error, do a search for the error #