PDA

View Full Version : The Long Due Item Editor 1.7!

mangoo
01-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Well here it is folks, version 1.7 of my item editor. It has been a long time since my last release, this I apologize for, but I have been away from the project for over a month. This version shouldn't disappoint though. Here are the changes in this version:

- Updated to corrispond with 12-7 database
- Fixed problem with Colors
- Selecting a new item and saving will now load data from new item after save (Wiz request)
- Like the above, saving an item to database will keep data on screen
- Added an option to AutoSave when switching items (Wiz request; Only AutoSaves when switching between items)
- Fixed bug that didnt transfer data to 4 fields when pasting (thanks Aquelin)
- Added "Options" to the File menu, this just holds the normal Database settings / NEW AutoSave
- The Database settings / Options window now loads the current settings of the INI file
- Probably a few other changes I don't remember, been gone awhile

You can grab version 1.7 here (http://emu.fliphost.net/files/ItemEditor17.zip).

devn00b
01-08-2004, 04:17 PM
O M F G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you mangoo! another quality release!

nilar
01-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Having trouble connecting to database. Anyone help me out or tell me how to fill in the load database fields?

Shawn319
01-11-2004, 08:12 AM
the item weight ends up being the tiemstamp of when item was last updated (collected items)..

Squiffy
01-11-2004, 10:09 AM
The Item Preview seems to crash quite often. Think it may have something to do with items that have a lot of stats, or spell/focii.

Other than that, great work! One possible improvement I could think of, would have the item list as a seperate window, or at least have the ability to have multiple child windows of the item editor open, so you could be looking at one item and editing another, etc.

Another would be the ability to perform truncations of the item list via the search tool. So say I want to only see all items wearable by dark elf wizards that have Int on them.

Thanks for the good work :)

mangoo
01-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Shawn: Use the 12-7 item dump from SF. Sounds like you're using an item database that the website uses to collect items from people's packet collector.

Squiffy: Item Previewer bug is a known issue from 1.6 or 1.5, can't remember when I added it in. I'll be expanding on this feature in 1.8 so hopefully I can get this resolved. On the multiple items idea, won't happen anytime soon, I like the idea, but it would require a totally new project to do so because 1.x is dialog based. Maybe in 2.0 I can completely remake the program, at this point I'm not sure though.

var1ety
01-14-2004, 03:51 PM
I've been using the Item Editor since 1.5, and it has been very useful for me. It's a great reference tool when writing code, and it's helped me with understanding - keep up the great work.

I wish sometimes that it had a quick simple search feature, like your Spell Editor has, for easily seeking through the entire list - there are a ton of items in my database, so I usually use the search feature to find things. If it was on the main interface it would be more convenient.

I don't know if you're implementing new features, but for me it would be helpful to have an interface that lets me search for a given attribute, based on the names you have listed.

For example, on your display screen you have an entry "BardSkillAmount". I would like to be able to search for any item that has BardSkillAmount > 0 without needing to open a window to get a mysql prompt.

Going directly to the database creates additional problems, as well. The column entries aren't nearly as descriptive in many cases when compared to your field descriptions. To search for BardSkillAmount I would need to query the database for 'where bardvalue > 0'.

Whether you add these things or not, however, I'll continue to happily use the editor - I find myself using it almost daily, with no complaints.

mangoo
01-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feeback var1ety, always enjoy it. I'm always adding in new features, most are requested. Almost every one of my updates includes a new feature, subtle or major, that someone requested and that I felt that others would benifit from having it implemented. I created this program for the community, not for myself, I haven't actually used it. I don't have my own EQEmu server and am no longer an admin on any servers. So when I get a request, I do my best to get it into the program. With all that said, your idea is a good one and I like it, but there is one problem with it. The problem is space, the main window is already very large, 687x353, which is definately not very friendly to users with a low resolution. Because of this, I just don't see having the search on the main window, sorry. In 2.0 I am thinking of redoing the entire thing and implementing Squiffy's request in having window item editing so that multiple items can be edited at once. If I do go along with that idea, I will definately take in your idea and add the search to the main window. Thanks again for the feedback var1ety, keep it coming people! :D

Mongrel
01-14-2004, 06:55 PM
like your Spell Editor has

ahem ...

Well, Mangoo, I guess one of us has to change his name!! :shock:

mangoo
01-14-2004, 07:05 PM
mangoo
Follower

Mongrel

HAHAH Mongrel, I didn't even notice that in his post. But looking above... guess you get to change :D . BTW great job on the spell editor.

Pebblez
01-16-2004, 02:48 AM
mangoo

all i have to say is ... -lixxxxxx- :twisted: