PDA

View Full Version : Spell Editor 0.5

Mongrel
01-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally I only wanted to fix the "test component" thing of the previous release, but instead I made a whole new one with a few small, but important changes.

Here's the log:
Version 0.5:
- BUGFIX: For some reason the editor was still saving to spells_en.txt instead of spells_us.txt
- Reads the icons directly from the EQ directory (new entry in the .ini file and in the preferences dialog)
You must tell EQEmu Spells where to look for the respective .tga files (usually: <EQDir>/uifiles/default/)
- No longer uses the TEBackImage component that I used for testing, instead uses the normal TImage component.
- Direct support for Teleport and Summon Pet spells
- Many small bug fixes

Personally, the bug that bugs (heh!) me the most is the first one: The editor was still writing to spells_en.txt. Now, ever since version 0.2 (released two months ago) it was reading from spells_us, but writing to the old (and incompatible!) file ... and nobody noticed it!
Things that make you go hmmmm....

Anyway, the second change in the above list is important as well. The icon/gem images for the UI are now loaded at runtime from the EQ dir. Not setting the respective directory (see the preferences dialog) won't crash the app, but no icons show up.
I'll do the same with the old icons in the next release.

The exe is mush smaller already and should be even smaller with ver 0.6

Get em here:
Binary (~500 kb):
http://camongrel.hbnet.de/files/emu_spell_binary.zip

Source (~350 kb):
http://camongrel.hbnet.de/files/emu_spell_source.zip

hypershadow66
07-23-2004, 07:32 PM
I cant delete spells withought getting crazy error.

yoru
07-26-2004, 04:29 PM
anychance of a new version? -bats eyes

hypershadow66
07-26-2004, 05:05 PM
is there any tutorials on making certain types of spells? illusions, summons, so on and so forth, those type of spells are confusing

Draupner
07-26-2004, 05:08 PM
please stop bumping extremely old threads