PDA

View Full Version : Myra ... Is your DB dead ?? It was looking great ?

mwmdragon
01-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Myra ... Is your DB dead ?? It was looking great ? Except for the huge spawn in WFreeport that couldn't be selected to be deleted. Let me know if you are working on it anymore... Also... is there anyone useind the shamble of a database I put up ???

Myra
01-12-2004, 10:24 AM
No, it's not dead! I'm working on it, although I don't think many people use it. It was pretty much ignored. :P

mew972
01-12-2004, 12:14 PM
I use it myra and i got to say good job!.. just so you know the boats in oasis are in mid air :)

mollymillions
01-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Myra, i am positive that many people, like myself, have used/are using your database. Its an excellent offering. Thanks.

Scorpious2k
01-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I think this is great!!

Her brother and I told her that people were using it and that she had done a great job, but she felt she had wasted her time. And face it, she isn't going to believe her father or brother :-)

It's hard to spend days single handedly building a zone when your DB is treated as if it doesn't exist. Its a hard enough job to do without feeling that the work you put into it is going unnoticed, unused and unappreciated.

See Myra *ahem* told you so. (I love saying that)

P.S. Letting the cat out of the bag - she's been working on FUNCTIONAL zone points then gukta (important starting because its a starting zone) and poair poearth (a/b) pofire and powater...

Arastiroth
01-12-2004, 03:39 PM
No, it's not dead! I'm working on it, although I don't think many people use it. It was pretty much ignored. :P

I use it too, and love it. :D

rmm99
01-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Ignored it wasn't, use it I did. :D

astonerii
01-13-2004, 05:22 AM
I use it too!!!!

devn00b
01-13-2004, 02:21 PM
mangoo felt that peeps didnt use his item editor..infact he almost stoped work on it, and probly has by now.

unless people give feedback thats what happens, its sad.

if you like something somone has written tell them, and give suggestions on how to improve it.

mollymillions
01-13-2004, 05:48 PM
No one needs a lecture from me, but i feel that people should develop stuff because you want to and enjoy it. Offering the results of your work to others is very noble, but only doing the work for the accolades is not very buddhist.

- Its the jouney, not the destination, Grasshopper!

mangoo
01-13-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm still here devn00b honey, and molly you can begin to lecture when you have some sort of knowledge, thanks.

mollymillions
01-13-2004, 06:14 PM
No worries. Thanks.

devn00b
01-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Maybe so molly, but like you said

"I don't think many people use it. it was pretty much ignored."

this is the problem right there, why work on somthing when you think no one is going to use it?

not putting anyone down, or trying to be a dick. But w/o feedback why bother? Why bother to make somthing and put it out there if you think its ignored, and no one is going to use it...

mollymillions
01-13-2004, 07:25 PM
/dev/nOOb/, with your first post I felt that the topic of thread was changing to the nature of releasing material into the public domain as a whole, which prompted my post. It definitely was not supposed to be a criticism aimed at Myra or Mangoo or any individual. It wasn

Trumpcard
01-14-2004, 12:39 AM
I have to say i agree with molly on this one. I personally do things because of the satisfaction i get from making a goal, reaching a new level, not necessarily in others getting use out of it. Not to say that it doesnt thrill me when someone uses and appreciates my work, but to me the thrill is in the accomplishment, not the recognition.. Thats me though, and everyone is different. We all do things for our own reasons...

Scorpious2k
01-14-2004, 02:16 AM
to me the thrill is in the accomplishment, not the recognition..

The heart of an artist. Same here. Especially if it has been declared "impossible". Twice the satisfaction for those :-)

I think Myra's point, though, was why continue to put it out and make it available if no one uses it.

As for recognition, a pat on the back once in a while or a thank you can add a lot to the good will and enthusiasm. It may not be the driving force that makes you do what you do, but it can enhance the creative process. It's a;ways nice to be appreciated.

astonerii
01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Whether you ask for it or not...

WE LOVE MYRA!!!!!!

Geneandjims
01-15-2004, 05:42 AM
This is the DB im gonna be using when I get my server working. Keep up the good work Myra!

Cheers,
-Gene