PDA

View Full Version : Waypoint help please!

j_illmatik
01-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first post and request for help and I already have my server up and running. That is really saying something about these forums! The information I've found here has been invaluable.

I'm really working hard on getting my NPC's moving but I am running into some snags with the smoothness of their pathing. Can anyone suggest some pointers on getting smooth movement of NPC's? I'm currently experiencing mobs bouncing and disappearing throughout my pathing.

I thank you all in advance for any insight!

*EDIT* If any more information is needed from me I'll follow up asap! Wasn't sure what else you may need.

j_illmatik
01-11-2004, 10:15 PM
I've been playing around with this for the last couple of hours and have some more information to my previous post.

I've tried all different combinations of wander and pause types in my grid. It appears the bouncing and disappearing wasn't quite what I thought was going on. I kept using #loc command on it and found that the mob was returning to the zone's safe point then making it's way back out to it's original waypoints. It appeared the mob was wandering off and bouncing right in front of me when in fact it was very far from that location. I checked all waypoints in my path and none of them appear to be below the world. I checked this by #goto'ing all the path's waypoints myself and found no problems.

Muuss
01-11-2004, 10:24 PM
There's currently lots of issues with mob pathing, not linked to the database content but to zone server itself, i guess the best you could do is to wait till it's fixed.

j_illmatik
01-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Thank You for the reply. I look forward to the next release!