PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE QUESTION (Been Reading the posts...)

zoidberg
01-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Ok, so I've gotten almost everything to work. I can log in, see the servers, choose one (most populated)... but when it's about to hit the character select screen, it crashes back to the start saying that I probably need to run the patcher again.

I just recently found this place and my directory is totally up-to-date, I followed the instructions under the Guides section... but it's still not letting me in.

I've downloaded what I think I need from the files section... please help!

:arrow: DOKTOR ZOIDBERG :arrow:

Error 1017 (btw)

mattmeck
01-12-2004, 12:00 PM
I've downloaded what I think I need from the files section
You dont need anything from the files section to play. Follow the play guide, I know you say you did already but if you realy did you wouldnt have downloaded anything.

zoidberg
01-12-2004, 12:06 PM
I did follow it, and when it didn't work the first time, figured I needed some of those files, and grabbed them...

I had followed it all completely (and carefully). I get all the way up to the character select screen, it goes black, and drops me to the server select again. But it doesn't take long (been seeing some 5+ minutes posted about 1017 errors), it's about 30 seconds.

mattmeck
01-12-2004, 12:20 PM
have you patched to live and done the complete file check 3-4 times?

Dose this happen on all servers or have you just tried 1?

zoidberg
01-12-2004, 12:55 PM
All servers... going to reinstall again (just to make completely sure I got everything) but pretty sure that I did...

Will keep you informed :) and thanks for the help.

zoidberg
01-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Sweet... got it working. Thanks for the help...

Now just need to find a list of commands...

mattmeck
01-12-2004, 03:05 PM
#help once you log into the server

zoidberg
01-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Thanks for all the help Mattmeck, I'm in... I'm on... I'm summoning :).

I do notice an inordinant amout of crashes though. Everything from crashing during combat, to doing nothing and slowing going LD. Sometimes it freezes the computer entirely and I have to reboot manually (ie. pressing the reset button).

I'm running on a 2.4g 1.5g 1066Rambus Gigabyte motherboard with a 128mg nVidia 4600 ti card... any ideas? I'm also sitting behind a switch (which I read might be a problem in itself), but the computer is networked to 3 others in the building so if I wasn't, nobody else would be on either.

Thanks again...

Zoidberg

mattmeck
01-14-2004, 03:33 AM
The current DR has a lot of bugs some of them a crash bugs, give the Devs some time to work them out and the next DR may not have them

diesalot
01-14-2004, 03:55 AM
You can just ctrl-alt-delete and then log off windows to get it back from the freeze. i seem to freeze up everytime I die, which happens alot...lol
Now if we can just get the servers to update so the spels work...