PDA

View Full Version : MySQL .Net data Provider?

Beers218
01-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Im working on an editor for the database using VB.net. Has anyone found a good data provider for .net without using myobdc? Im to the point of reading and writing data to and from the database. Any help would be great!

-Beers

Borvik
01-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Whether its the best one or not, the one I use is MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.

In VB you'd use ADO to connect and get results from the database. It doesn't do everything, but it should do enough to get you what you want.

Beers218
01-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Hmm, well I want to use something that I can package with my application. Having to install myobdc seperate can get kinda annoying. With a DLL library I can easily package it right in with the zip and maintain a semi-small download for the 56k'ers.

-Beers

Borvik
01-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Connecting to MySQL directly
... through its libmysql.dll interface (Note: This DLL is a regular C DLL, not a COM DLL, hence no need to register it into Windows using REGSVR32.EXE, which will fail anyway.) The API can be found here. Access from an Excel sheet and VBA is here.

I found this on the following site - some of the stuff were links to get at the items mentioned.

http://www.ypsolog.com/docs/comp/windows/vb5.html

While it is about VB5 - I'm sure it can be worked around to make it work in VB.NET.

Once at the site just use CTRL+F and search for mysql - it will bring you right to this section.