PDA

View Full Version : WHY??

mattmeck
01-18-2004, 10:03 AM
I am having the same problem as this (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12369) thread and I can't seem to find any information on it. When I try to run the eqemu patcher I get the message in the 'subject' area. When I try to log into a server I get the 1017 error. If you could please point me in the right direction I would be much obliged.

This is an example of the PM's that plague my inbox.

Can anyone tell me where they were told in the guide to use the EMU patcher?

Can anyone tell me where to find one of the 100+ posts are telling people NOT to use the EMU patcher if they have it?

How many people think this person actualy looked for there own answer?

Tertiary
01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Just a thought, but maybe create a new forum called 'FAQ' at the top of the forum list with one post in it with info such as 'don't ask about the eqemu patcher, it is not required', 'Post GW2 questions over in the GW2 forums', 'Don't ask where to download EQemu/EQ client', 'use search before you post' etc.

mattmeck
01-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Just a thought, but maybe create a new forum called 'FAQ' at the top of the forum list with one post in it with info such as 'don't ask about the eqemu patcher, it is not required', 'Post GW2 questions over in the GW2 forums', 'Don't ask where to download EQemu/EQ client', 'use search before you post' etc.

These things are stated all over the place, including warning of being banned for asking about certain things too.

mattmeck
01-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Announcement: Do not use EQEMU PATCHER. Read here to undo the damage.

that is the title of a post 4 above this one, to give you an example.

Tertiary
01-18-2004, 10:18 AM

These things are stated all over the place, including warning of being banned for asking about certain things too.

I know, but I am guessing that new users will click on the first forum in the list first, and if there is just one post there which catches there attention and details all the rules, guidelines and frequently asked questions and such, they *may* pay attention to them.

mattmeck
01-18-2004, 10:21 AM
I know, but I am guessing that new users will click on the first forum in the list first, and if there is just one post there which catches there attention and details all the rules, guidelines and frequently asked questions and such, they *may* pay attention to them.

Most people DO read the rules / FAQ befor posting but the people who dont bother now wouldnt read it no matter what we do.