PDA

View Full Version : ok minor prob

AcidBurn
01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Ok all i needed was publiclogin to get mine up and running i DL it then went through the readme numerous times and i cant get exactly how to do this part:

First, create an account in MySQL with the following syntax:
INSERT INTO login_accounts set name='nameyouwant', password='passwordyouwant', ip='ipoftheuser', ircnick='theusersircnick';

i sourced it already and tried the insert command and it wasnt recognized. any chance some one knows how i can insert those commands and it working?

thanx

Cans
01-20-2004, 07:47 AM
You don't need to do the command in DOS in order to create a user/pass. If you boot up mysqladmin.exe (the one with the MySQL logo), before you log in it pops up a window asking for you to designate a username and password.

Once this is done, you just source your DB and input the right IP #s for your server to get up and running and it should work. For further reference, make sure you have MySQL up every time you want to run your server, otherwise it won't read your DB and you'll be stuck.

AcidBurn
01-20-2004, 10:06 AM
ok i run the WinMySQLAdmin.exe it opens up then give me a bunch of tabs i can select one is database i go to that tab then try and edit the things it tells me to but it wont let me for some reason, right clicking it does nothing. im using mysql version 1.4

mattmeck
01-20-2004, 10:19 AM
you still need to do the grant command to access the DB, There is a buntch of ways to do this some work for one person other work for other people. Just keep trying.

AcidBurn
01-20-2004, 12:05 PM
ok grant got it to work when i type this in:

mysql> INSERT INTO login_account set name='eqemu', password='eqemu', ip='**.**.***.***', ircnick='eqemu';

it comes up and tells me this:
ERROR 1146: Table 'login.login_account' doesn't exist
mysql>

i have no clue why, cuz i did source it for sure and did the use login db before i did the insert command :cry:

Scorpious2k
01-20-2004, 12:56 PM
mysql> INSERT INTO login_account set name='eqemu', password='eqemu', ip='**.**.***.***', ircnick='eqemu';

try this:

INSERT INTO account set name='eqemu', password='eqemu',status=250;

AcidBurn
01-20-2004, 02:21 PM
ok tried that and gave me this:
ERROR 1146: Table 'login.account' doesn't exist

kathgar
01-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Publiclogin doesn't work with 5.0, and we stopped developing in favour of minilogin oh and BOTH ARE COMPLETELY NOT SUPPORTED

AcidBurn
01-20-2004, 03:15 PM
any chance someone knows were i can get a copy of minilogin that works then ?

flyonthewall
01-20-2004, 03:49 PM
You can download it under the files button on the front page that links to sourceforge, scroll down to the server release and its mixed in with those last time i was there