PDA

View Full Version : Aggro, Casting Mobs, and a pink tutu

Mrwalsh
01-21-2004, 07:22 AM
I've got a few questions, maybe someone can answer:

1) How do you make your NPCs aggro on sight? I've given them faction, given players a base negative faction, and even slaughtered those mobs (while being given the 'Your faction cannot get any worse!' messages) and yet they will not attack me on sight. How?

2) NPCs with spell tables seem to like to cast their spells over, and over and over...can this be stopped, so they only cast at certain intervals? And can I prevent those casting mobs from having more than 1 pet (I've seen several of the same pet)? And why do they look like they're doing jumping jacks when they cast (players too), and can THAT be fixed?

3) The regen rate for players and mobs is insane. Can I change this, whether in the database or in the code?

Thanks for the help.

mattmeck
01-21-2004, 07:26 AM
1) How do you make your NPCs aggro on sight? I've given them faction, given players a base negative faction, and even slaughtered those mobs (while being given the 'Your faction cannot get any worse!' messages) and yet they will not attack me on sight. How

Mobs will NEVER agro a GM, or anyone with higher then "0" status

2) NPCs with spell tables seem to like to cast their spells over, and over and over...can this be stopped, so they only cast at certain intervals? And can I prevent those casting mobs from having more than 1 pet (I've seen several of the same pet)? And why do they look like they're doing jumping jacks when they cast (players too), and can THAT be fixed?

Edit the mobs spell list and just take pet spells out, as to casting over and over I am not sure what you mean, if you mean every time yo zone in there casting, that is becuase if you zone out of the zone the mobs despawn, when you zone back in the rebuff themselfs, the zone is only up when there is players in it.

3) The regen rate for players and mobs is insane. Can I change this, whether in the database or in the code?

There is already several posts that answer this one and explain how to change the regen rate.

Squiffy
01-22-2004, 04:41 PM
On a side-note of the pet thing... for some reason, any NPC flagged as a wizard of high enough level will cast Flaming Sword of Xuzl, which should be a large Luclin-looking 2hs, but ends up looking more like a chanter pet, and doesn't act like Xuzl (ie attacking a single target until it or the target dies)

It's funny to see Innoruuk with a familiar, though.

Mrwalsh
01-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Matt, I looked. I dug. I even asked around. I can't find it. Just a lot of people asking for help on fixing it.

I've dug in the code. I'm tampered with it. Nothing works. So maybe you could post a link to the thread that had the solution I seek?

Mrwalsh
01-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Nevermind. The latest CVS solved the regen problem.