PDA

View Full Version : Error 1001.. what else can I try?

Dysanfernargel
01-23-2004, 04:50 AM
I've been searching these forums and what not for quite a while now trying to figure out what I need to do to connect... and yes, I've tried every eqhost.txt configuration I've found... datarate is set to 8, I've also tried 5 and 9 ( 9 is suggested by my old guild leader on rodcet to alleviate lag ).
At the bottom of my post is my current eqhost.txt file.... I've tried each of these servers on their own, I can occassionally get into the server select screen, but usually don't have enough time to select a server before I get error 1001 again. I don't know if this is related, but I've noticed that as soon as I launch EQ my processor usage flies to 100% and my overall fps drops to less than 0.5, could this have anything to do with it? It shouldn't be doing that, I'm using a 1.8GHz AMD chip.. it wasn't this slow when I was using a 300MHz Celeron with a motherboard to match it... I've also tried using the specific servers as suggested in the IRC channel, with no luck.... any suggestions?
[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin2.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin3.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin4.eqemulator.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin2.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin3.eqemulator.net:5997"
"eqlogin4.eqemulator.net:5997"
}
I hate to have posted about an issue which keeps being brought up, but I've tried every solution I've been able to find without any success.. I know how much you guys / gals hate dealing with lame newb posters... but I have been scouring the forums for about 18 hours now and I can't find anything new to try. Thanks in advance.

mattmeck
01-23-2004, 05:37 AM
Did you see the thread where they stated the last EQ patch broke EQ for most people with AMD prosessors and it wont be fixxed till the next major patch on Feb 10?

Also there has been some issues with the login server.

Are you on dial up? If yes EQEMU isnt very dial up friendly, see other threads dealing with this. If no then see above.

Dysanfernargel
01-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I found it like 10 minutes after I made my post.. that explains why when I actually do make it to server select it crashes after the 'Submitting player to world' stage (or whatever it's called). Do you think that would cause 1001 errors though when trying to login? Sometimes it doesn't even make it to the 'Login request added to queue..' stage, sometimes it does. I'm not on dialup btw, gotta love cable.. on a side note I've experienced some of my fastest download speeds since I went to work on putting up my server ( which seems to be doing ok, it's no longer locked when I get close enough to see it ).

I'd also like to thank everyone involved in this, this has been one of the most educational experiences I've had in quite some time.. this is alot of fun too, I guess I'm just a nerd like that.... if nothing else, I learned some of the intimates about my c++ compiler!

GEEK IS SHEIK!