PDA

View Full Version : Aggro: Impossible

Mrwalsh
01-25-2004, 07:28 AM
For the last few days I've been trying to get mobs to actually aggro players. I've created the faction, given that faction to the mobs, set the corresponding tables, and put -1500 on the base faction value. These mobs do not aggro and con dubious. This was tested with a non-GM account as well as players. Any suggestions, perhaps?

Muuss
01-25-2004, 08:30 PM
have you tried with less than 1500 ?

Mrwalsh
01-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Yes, I have, but I have since fixed it. It seems that DR3 snuck in two things in the npc_types table that I didn't see: see_invis and see_invis_undead (or some-such names). I put those in their respective spots and poof! Aggro. Woot!

MrJag
04-05-2004, 11:46 PM
so to have aggro's working players spells inviz and inviz undead are useless ???

ok im lost lol

Daeath
04-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Hmmm... that's a good question. Never tried the invis and undead invis spells yet - but I don't know how changing those flags magically created aggro for the previous post. In my DB, after setting aggro radius to like 50 or so I wasn't getting aggro'd until I changed the faction for the mobs. PoN for instance, changed all the mobs to the same factionID (one related to Veshik) and we get chased down by everything there now. So, make sure you have an aggro radius (try a positive number) and a factionID that's appropriate. I'll check up on the invis and undead_invis spells effect...

Mongrel
04-07-2004, 05:54 PM
If you don't have those two fields (same with qglobal and other new fields) the server will use a much older (but working) function to load a limited set of fields from the DB.
That causes your NPCs to show up, but they won't work properly, since quite a few fields won't be set (npc_faction_id is one of them).

This has nothing to do with the see_invis flags, they're just the ones usually missing so they seem to cause these problems.