PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 3.1

Windcatcher
01-25-2004, 09:34 AM
1. Fixed some major bugs in exporting .WLD (and therefore .S3D) files.

2. Added the ability to define zonelines in the ground editor. You define them just as you would zone bounds, but zonelines are on a separate tab and there is no need to worry about which way the line "faces" (as you do with a zone bound). Zonelines will be put into the zone file as separate regions so the client will tell the server when it has reached one.

3. You can also enter metadata for each zone line such as destination zone ID and destination coordinates. There is a new option under the File... menu that allows you to export zoneline metadata to a tab-delimited text file. The information in this text file is then ready to be typed into the EQEmu server's zone_points table.

WC

P.S. I'll be updating the sample zones zone pack shortly...

Lurker_005
01-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Any chance you could do a small app to grab the zoneline data from sony files? Or just collect the data yourself and post the data somewhere?

Mongrel
01-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Feature suggestion:

If zonelines are entirely server side, maybe you could add an "export SQL file" entry in the menu. That will export the zonelines from the current (custom) zone to a sql file with the usual SQL syntax (insert into zonelines ...).

Might be good for those world builders.

Windcatcher
01-26-2004, 08:06 AM
I thought about that, but I would need the zone ID of the zone you're working on to do it. I suppose I could put a different menu entry that prompted for it...