PDA

View Full Version : ZoneProxy 1.2

Windcatcher
01-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Okay, this should be it for today... 8)

1. There was a major issue with incorrect textures coming up in-game. I believe this was due to ZoneProxy thinking it had finished recoding zone files but in fact the OS still had the file write operation queued. I added code to tell the OS to flush its internal buffers and complete the write operation before ZoneProxy tells the server it's done.

2. The program wasn't properly copying the <zone>_chr.txt files. It does now, so force-loading models from other zones should work (tested).

WC

I have a teeny tiny ZP server up that I've been testing with and so far everything is working well for me. I don't suppose any EQEmu devs or helpers would mind logging on for a few minutes tonight to see if you have the same experience? You'll need the OpenZone zone pack that I just released today and ZoneProxy 1.2; put them all in your EQ folder. You'll also need this file (zone1_chr.txt) in your EQ folder (if you want the goblins to not show as humans--or just skip it if you don't care):

gob,butcher_chr

Logging on is simple. Put everying you need in your EQ folder, fire up ZoneProxy, and then start your client.

Kroeg
01-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Right on man, thank you so much. You've just ended weeks of frustration.