PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 3.2 and updated zonepack

Windcatcher
01-26-2004, 07:58 AM
1. The changes in 3.1 broke mob placement. If you export your zones with this version the mobs will once again be "feet on the ground".

2. Added a slider so you can change the ambient lighting level. This has NO effect on the exported zone; it merely lets you see how the zone will look under day/night lighting conditions.

3. Added a checkbox so that the light source that follows you around in fly mode is optional.

4. Added a checkbox to optionally render the light sources in the zone. It's not *exactly* how it will look in-game, but it's pretty close. Beware though that the OpenGL specification only supports eight light sources -- supporting any more is entirely up to your video card manufacturer and video driver. The program will ask how many dynamic light sources your OpenGL implementation supports and use as many as it can. Also, your rendering speed in OpenZone might slow down dramatically with zone light sources on -- hence the checkbox.

I also re-uploaded the zonepack so that mobs will appear correctly in-game. Go get it if you're interested...

WC

farce
01-26-2004, 05:04 PM
i keep getting an error when i crumple the zone:

list index out of bounds (328)

any ideas?

khuong
01-26-2004, 05:20 PM
YOUR ALIVE OMG *hugglez windcatcher miss me? u fucker

Windcatcher
01-27-2004, 10:21 AM
LOL! Long time no see. I'm alive, alright. Been working like a dog on OpenZone. About to get laid off too, looks like :/ ...but that means more time for OZ and my book in the meantime at least...

WC

Kroeg
01-27-2004, 10:36 AM
/me jumps up and down

OMG... nice job on this one.. I can definitely tell you've spent some time on this one. I love the ambient light viewability (really saves loading into game one less time each time).

Windcatcher
01-27-2004, 06:00 PM
OpenZone 3.3 will be able to create crude .MAP files for use by the Admin Tool. I'll see about refining it and fixing the rumple ground bug as soon as I finish the Admin Tool 5.0.

WC

fanoen
01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
whats with the list index out of bounds (0) after trying to rumple zones?