PDA

View Full Version : disconecting...

blooddivers
01-27-2004, 02:34 PM
a problem quite annoying. i used to play this alot now im starting again. and well now everytime i enter a game after a minute or less it disconnects to the character screen and somtimes server selection screen. is there somthing wrong with this.

mattmeck
01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
You behind a firewall / router?

You have an AMD?

You on dial up?

This on 1 server or all servers?

Cyphernox
01-28-2004, 02:57 PM
same problem

and yes, i am behind a router... but i didnt see anything in the guide on what to change on a router such as what ports need to be open and such... anyways...

i need feedback to

-Cyph

Virge
01-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Im having the same problem. I play seval on line games and this is the only one that i get the disconnet problem. i know im behind a firewall but if the firewall was causing it should i not be able to connect at all?

mattmeck
01-30-2004, 01:26 PM
see this thread

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12666

Virge
01-30-2004, 01:58 PM
i dont think that is the issue because firewalls use iptables and the way that work is you accept and incoming packet or you dont. so if i can connect to the server at all that mean the packets are getting through the firewall.

samandhi
01-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Well, that is the best guess I could make also, since you havent provided us with any information... what version emu, what does your db.ini look like, what does your load5zones.bat look like, etc etc.. what's your checking account number... j/k checking to see if you are paying attention.

BTW, Matt, IS there an issue with AMD and EqEmu?

mattmeck
01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
BTW, Matt, IS there an issue with AMD and EqEmu?

Acording to SOE (on the everquest support forums) The last patch has caused some issues with AMD prosessors and certain video cards, they are planning the fix for the next major patch date (last I herd it was 10 Feb)

For more info search the forums here (there is a couple threads with links to SOE's support forums on this issue) or SOE's support forums.

samandhi
01-31-2004, 10:29 AM
Ahh thanks. Good to know, I have AMD and having no problems thus far (knock on wood).

Virge
02-02-2004, 10:48 AM
I am still having the same problem but i tried a diffent server and it worked fine??? the server that does work is the guild wars server which i that was kinda wierd that it wouldn't work since there are so many ppl on it