PDA

View Full Version : PHP Loot Table Editor

angst7
01-28-2004, 09:27 AM
I've put together a small PHP utility to help create new loot tables, and drop tables for those of you like me who cannot make use of the windows based editor tools. (my database is hosted on a dedicated linux server) It's pretty straightforward, and I've found it pretty handy. Besides, the wheel is a nice thing to re-invent.

Let me know if you like it.

EQEmu Loot Table Editor: http://www.fragheaven.com/~matt/lootedit.zip

[update 1/29/04]
I've added a few more things to the loot editor for those of you who've already downloaded it. There is now an NPC name lookup, the ability to modify existing loot tables, and a spawn location browser within the npc lookup.

Matt
fragheaven.com

Muuss
01-28-2004, 08:05 PM
All the tools that are able to work with mysql databases will work even if you run mysql under linux, and since you run EQ client somewhere you certainly have a windows platform :)

anyway, its always nice to have an alternative like yours, tho you should add to your post that this requires a full apache/php/mysql install on the linux box, and will not work if its not done. Rookies will ask you soon how they can use your scripts if you don't precise this :!:

farce
01-29-2004, 01:46 AM
hrm.. i run eq client on linux...

Muuss
01-29-2004, 01:48 AM
so i guess you can also run all the win32 3rd party tools.

farce
01-29-2004, 02:34 AM
Muus, just because EQ is supported thru WineX does not mean all apps related to EQ/EQemu will work.

I just like to inform others of the ability to run EQ client on Linux and that it does not require a windows installation to accomplish it.

Have a nice day.

angst7
01-29-2004, 02:42 AM
All the tools that are able to work with mysql databases will work even if you run mysql under linux, and since you run EQ client somewhere you certainly have a windows platform :)

anyway, its always nice to have an alternative like yours, tho you should add to your post that this requires a full apache/php/mysql install on the linux box, and will not work if its not done. Rookies will ask you soon how they can use your scripts if you don't precise this :!:

Well I've not enabled connections to the MySQL DB on my server from anyplace other than localhost. Primarily for added security. But I suppose that one could do that.

Really, that wouldnt help me much anyway. I dont use windows on my development machine. I run around in game on my client machine looking for problems, and update zones, spawns, loot, etc on my linux laptop. So it's easier for me if I have a simple PHP script on the server itself to do some of the more complicated things, like loot tables/ drop tables, etc...

As far as the requirements go, thanks for pointing that out. Your right that it requires the full PHP/MySQL/Apache setup. I mention this in the readme but it should probably have gone here too.

Matt